Author Topic: Liberty League  (Read 398618 times)

Offline hopefan

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty League
« Reply #2295 on: January 13, 2019, 08:33:49 am »
For all RPI basketball alum who still follow the Engineers  (I do)... just very hard to understand the current goings on.. win a couple of important games to get back into the conference race... then lose, never in the game,   to.... BARD..... BARD?????     UGH....   54 points???   16 in a half???
Bring back Griff and the system.....

I guess times change....

Offline d3d3d3

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: January 15, 2019, 09:54:46 pm »
Tuesday
Vassar 77, Skidmore 65 (lost by 40 up there last month)
Bard 82, Union 77 (Bard down 15 in second half)

Offline Bartman

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: January 16, 2019, 08:52:59 am »
Tuesday
Congrats to Vassar and Bard...a very competitive LL season.The Canton crew stands alone at the top. ...so far
"When I played college football ,I was slow, real slow, but when I caught them, it was glorious" Bartman
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers.”
― Max McGee Green Bay Packers Super Bowl I
“I never graduated college, but I was only there for two terms – Truman’s and Eisenhower’s” – Alex Karras

Offline Dutch Boy

• Starter
  • Keep plugging U!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: January 16, 2019, 10:34:00 am »
Tuesday

Union...ugggh...dlip turned it off at the half to hit the hay fairly confident his beloved Garnet (who were dropping threes like wildfire) would handle business. Guess they didn't. Props to Bard for not packing it in and fighting back. Maybe this also explains more about the earlier loss to MCLA. That the Dutchmen are just inconsistent and haven't found their footing yet.
There's only one place that makes Shocktown look good...that's Troylet.

Offline LibertyLeagueGuru

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: January 16, 2019, 01:38:25 pm »
Almost half way through conference play and only one big surprise so far: St. Lawrence......Really didn't expect Naclerio's return to have this level of impact, although they do have a stellar freshmen class as well. Considering how rough of a season they had last year as well as a couple of impact outbound transfers, this is definitely a surprise.

Hobart is playing as well as you can expect considering what their injuries. Even without those guys, they should have enough talent to finish with a top 2 seed. Skidmore has had a rough stretch here but I expect them to turn it around. It feels like outside of RIT, any team has the ability to be beat anyone else on any given night, should be an exciting second half.

Offline stlawus

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: January 16, 2019, 02:57:11 pm »
Naclerio has had a big impact but the biggest surprise is Chris Miner.  He has played extremely well this year at center.  He’s blocked a lot of shots, rebounded well and most importantly been a threat offensively down low.

Offline Bartman

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: Yesterday at 05:05:09 pm »
Sh(n)owdown between  SLU and Hobart this weekend ......can SLU keep the mojo and stay on top or has Hobart settled into a groove post injuries to tie it up ?
"When I played college football ,I was slow, real slow, but when I caught them, it was glorious" Bartman
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers.”
― Max McGee Green Bay Packers Super Bowl I
“I never graduated college, but I was only there for two terms – Truman’s and Eisenhower’s” – Alex Karras

Offline stlawus

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: Yesterday at 06:20:20 pm »
This is always an interesting matchup.  Hobart used to shoot the lights out in one of the 2 games just about every single year with the exception of 2016 when SLU had their best season in almost a decade.  SLU's bigs have been playing extremely well the last 2 weeks, but Hobart has some decent length and can match up well.