Author Topic: MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference  (Read 336781 times)

Offline D3HoopJunkie

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference
« Reply #2865 on: September 22, 2017, 07:43:02 am »
That's a nice strong non-conference scheduled assembled by Oliver.

However, I take it this schedule is not complete correct? By my count there are only 16 games listed so far and when you look at other schools via D3hoops.com under teams it appears to be that way for everyone else as well. Perhaps this is just a fraction of games as D3hoops just like all of us awaits the finalized schedules from the schools directly?

I am just spit balling as I have no idea how this works?

Offline Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: September 23, 2017, 09:04:27 am »
That's a nice strong non-conference scheduled assembled by Oliver.

However, I take it this schedule is not complete correct? By my count there are only 16 games listed so far and when you look at other schools via D3hoops.com under teams it appears to be that way for everyone else as well. Perhaps this is just a fraction of games as D3hoops just like all of us awaits the finalized schedules from the schools directly?

I am just spit balling as I have no idea how this works?

Some schools are in the Presto system (which is what we use) and go up automatically - other schools have SIDs who enter them.  The rest we have to enter by hand.  We're working on it.  There's a lot of schools.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Offline D3HoopJunkie

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: September 24, 2017, 08:19:45 pm »
Understood! Thanks for the update Ryan!

Offline Saint-Paul

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: September 25, 2017, 11:18:12 am »
Yes, that is an impressive three game set to start the season.  Probably trying to get his team ready for those difficult GNAC conference games during the season!!  I know that one player I saw play in high school from Boston plays for Swarthmore, but he only gets one or two minutes a game.  AT 6'7" he was a big time scorer and rebounder when he played in the Boston HS league, not sure why those skills didn't translate into a better D-3 college career. He will probably start the game against Albertus in front of his home town crowd and then sub out early in the half.  Anyway, good luck in those games, the rest of the GNAC will be watching to see how you do against ranked teams.

Offline Falcons 25

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: September 28, 2017, 09:02:25 pm »
Swarthmore is ranked Preseason #9 in the country! Babson is last year`s #1 & I`m sure W.P.I. isn`t going to be easy!
Kudos to St. Joes- West Hartford for hiring Coach Calhoun. He will have an impact on recruiting immediately. (2018)
Any word on new Falcon players? (UNDER 2 MONTHS TO GO!)

Offline D3HoopJunkie

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: October 09, 2017, 07:08:21 am »
Wow!!! Looks like the entire schedule has been released via the way Falcons25 suggested through D3hoops.com

Another HUGE non conference matchup as the Falcons will travel to Middlebury College to take on the Panthers January 16th at 7PM! A Tuesday night game up in Vermont! This is not something the Falcons do often as I would imagine they would have to stay over following the game considering just how far a drive it is.

These games will only help the Falcons prepare for the rigors of the postseason and it is hands down Oliver's best non conference schedule that he has ever assembled. This type of non conference schedule is one that if you can pull off a few quality wins will certainly get them consideration for the first time ever as a potential Pool C (at large) bid come seasons end if they do by chance slip up in the GNAC.

Offline Ubuntu

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: October 09, 2017, 08:17:05 pm »
New to D3 help me out.   Compare the top of the GNAC to the middle of the NESCAC.  Are they comparable?  I am posting this also on the NESCAC part, just trying to get my bearings.

Offline falcons2010

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: October 10, 2017, 08:54:47 pm »
It really depends on the year; but the middle of the NESCAC usually is better than the top of the GNAC. The GNAC is a one bid conference; the only team going to NCAAs is the school that wins the conference tournament. The NESCAC by comparison is a conference that has sent as many as 5 institutions to the NCAAs. I would think that the GNAC will come down to top teams; the middle teams will all be below average regional teams.

Offline NJBalla35

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: October 13, 2017, 10:11:32 pm »

Offline D3HoopJunkie

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: Yesterday at 09:35:30 am »
Very much looking forward to the upcoming season for the Falcons.

This team returns a ton of talent and of course Oliver added some pieces like usual that will no doubt propel this team as a favorite to capture yet another GNAC Championship.

This years schedule is the strongest ever assembled under Oliver and playing teams like Swathmore, Babson, Middlebury will only prepare this team more for the rigors of postseason play.

I will post a more later on the schedule and team as well as what I think our chances might be going forward this year!