Author Topic: HCAC  (Read 107044 times)

Offline FCGrizzliesGrad

• All-American
  • Hoosier Hysteria
    • View Profile
Re: HCAC
« Reply #660 on: February 26, 2021, 09:48:22 pm »
Anderson with the comfortable 60-41 win against Defiance. They'll head to the other NW Ohio team in Bluffton for round 2.

Rose heads to Hanover tomorrow for the other first round game. Good luck Jester and the Engineers.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: NJAC
4x: CCIW
3x: IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, ODAC:S
2x: HCAC, MIAC, WIAC, Nat'l
1x: ASC, OAC:S, OAC:P, ODAC:P

Basketball Dabbler
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2014 Tourney Fantasy
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2016 Tourney Draft
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Offline Jester1390

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 27, 2021, 06:23:15 pm »
Well turn out the lights    Some thoughts on game and going forward. Hanover has a ugly style of play but with the ineptitude of rose guards it was effective.   A team with any sort of point guard play would have destroyed that team. They had 15 more shots then Rose at half and yet weíre only up 10

One of the things I have noticed in d3 ball.  First staticians at games must be on meth.  They had our 2 guards with only 1 turnover at half I canít even fathom how they saw that

Also I know the rule is 2 fouls and you sit the player for the half but sometimes there is no game left whe. You bring the player back you have already lost it. You should know your players who have basketball iq to protect themselves from getting third foul

Lastly who cares if you score 10 points but you get repeatedly beat on the e other end of the court 

Note on rose.  Some of the smartest women way smarter then  I will ever  be but their desciaion making on the court is 4th grade level. To either they smartten up or they recruit a point who can ball handle and attack and knows how to swing the ball quickly itís going to be more of the same next year. Which is to bad because individually there is a lot of talent but as a team chemistry if they were being graded like in chemistry in school. Would be a resounding F
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 06:26:00 pm by Jester1390 »

Offline Jester1390

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 27, 2021, 06:26:34 pm »
Well turn out the lights    Some thoughts on game and going forward. Hanover has a ugly style of play but with the ineptitude of rose guards it was effective.   A team with any sort of point guard play would have destroyed that team. They had 15 more shots then Rose at half and yet weíre only up 10

One of the things I have noticed in d3 ball.  First staticians at games must be on meth.  They had our 2 guards with only 1 turnover at half I canít even fathom how they saw that

Also I know the rule is 2 fouls and you sit the player for the half but sometimes there is no game left whe. You bring the player back you have already lost it. You should know your players who have basketball iq to protect themselves from getting third foul

Lastly who cares if you score 10 points but you get repeatedly beat on the e other end of the court 

Note on rose.  Some of the smartest women way smarter then  I will ever  be but their desciaion making on the court is 4th grade level. So either they smartten up or they recruit a point who can ball handle and attack and knows how to swing the ball quickly itís going to be more of the same next year. Which is to bad because individually there is a lot of talent but as a team chemistry if they were being graded like in chemistry in school. Would be a resounding F

Offline FCGrizzliesGrad

• All-American
  • Hoosier Hysteria
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 28, 2021, 12:46:42 am »
Didn't catch the game but looking at the boxscore and the glaring numbers are turnovers, offensive rebounds, and FGA. More than double Hanover in TO 29-14 which lead to 29-8 disadvantage in points off turnovers, only 5 offensive rebounds to Hanover's 14, and that all lead to Hanover having 59 FGA to Rose's 36. Surprising the score was even as close as it was. Looks like Barlow was doing everything she could but didn't have enough help.
I'd like to see someone be willing to take charge on offense, too often Rose has extended stretches where they can't score because there's little movement, little help, and end up just forcing a long jumper at the end of the shot clock. It's like nobody wants the ball. I know Rose likes to play a slower tempo but there's a difference between slow and standstill. Be more aggressive. Make the defense work.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: NJAC
4x: CCIW
3x: IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, ODAC:S
2x: HCAC, MIAC, WIAC, Nat'l
1x: ASC, OAC:S, OAC:P, ODAC:P

Basketball Dabbler
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2014 Tourney Fantasy
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2016 Tourney Draft
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem