Author Topic: FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (Read 3826782 times)

Offline 57Johnnie

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #63450 on: February 09, 2013, 02:57:02 pm »
What happens if you hit shift-refresh?
I don't know from shift-refresh but all is OK now. Thanks Pat & I like the new look  :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

Offline tmerton

• All-American
  • Do something that matters
    • View Profile
« Reply #63451 on: February 09, 2013, 04:26:43 pm »
Sad news again for former Sartell High School, SJU, and Cathedral High School coach Dean Taylor.  Knowing Dean, he'll triumph once again, but my thoughts and prayers go out to the Taylor clan.

Taylor Resigns

Yeah, saw that yesterday.  Have to put the prayer rug to good use now.

Offline OzJohnnie

• All-American
  • Lager, mate?
    • View Profile
    • Johnnies Football
« Reply #63452 on: February 09, 2013, 04:33:56 pm »
And... science has answered the most important question of all:

Water is always a good choice to rehydrate after working out, but researchers suggest beer is better

Forget water or Gatorade. The drink of choice to rehydrate after a workout is beer.  Researchers at Granada University in Spain found beer can help retain liquid better than water alone.

Offline OzJohnnie

• All-American
  • Lager, mate?
    • View Profile
    • Johnnies Football
« Reply #63453 on: February 10, 2013, 05:06:04 am »
Fury;

You live in the Big Apple, right?  Is it bad or are they just a bunch of sissies?  I was at SJU for the Halloween blizzard of '91 (it was '91 wasn't it?) when it dropped three feet over night. Dominos still delivered, but classes were cancelled for a day until a path could be plowed across the tundra.

Offline BlueDevil Bob

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #63454 on: February 10, 2013, 10:51:29 am »
Fury;

You live in the Big Apple, right?  Is it bad or are they just a bunch of sissies?  I was at SJU for the Halloween blizzard of '91 (it was '91 wasn't it?) when it dropped three feet over night. Dominos still delivered, but classes were cancelled for a day until a path could be plowed across the tundra.

It was definately 1991, the day after the Twins won the World Series.  8-)

Offline sjusection105

• All-American
  • Toga! Toga! Toga!
    • View Profile
    • JohnnieFootball.com
« Reply #63455 on: February 10, 2013, 12:14:03 pm »
Fury;

I believe Fury mentioned last week he was going to South Africa to visit his wife's family.I don't think he is in NYC for the current snow event. :D
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

Offline Robert Zimmerman

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63456 on: February 10, 2013, 02:10:20 pm »
Fury;

I believe Fury mentioned last week he was going to South Africa to visit his wife's family.I don't think he is in NYC for the current snow event. :D

Fury is currently in S. Africa and usually his internet is pretty spotty at best.  Just had a fun drive from Brainerd to Sartell coming back from some travel basketball.  Lots of cars in the ditches and poor visibility.

Offline repete

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #63457 on: February 10, 2013, 03:13:02 pm »
The East Coast is full of winter-weather weinies, which makes for grand spectacular sport. I usually fire up the grill, crack a beer and watch the hijinks in the hood.

Meanwhile, today I checked in on the webcast from main street back in the Minny homeland. They were finishing the town's biggest event, an x-c ski race, in the middle of 8-12'' and everyone was having an incredible time at the finish line.

Offline BlueDevil Bob

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #63458 on: February 10, 2013, 04:57:35 pm »
I usually don't have time for Sansevere, but this time he was pretty interesting:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22550931/st-johns-other-miac-football-teams-recruiting-season
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:59:55 pm by BlueDevil Bob »

Offline 5 Words or Less

• All-Region
    • View Profile

Offline kubiack78

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63460 on: February 10, 2013, 06:41:22 pm »
Six months and three weeks until kickoff. We haven't even reache the mid point of the off season yet. I wish I was a bear that could curl up in a cave and hibernate.

Maybe so, but at least you have the AFL starting in a month or so and with your new MCC affiliation you'll be sitting pretty.   :)
What are the prospects for your Hawks this year?

The Hawks are favored (I should spell favoured) to win it all. Yeah, we'll see.  But yesterday all betting on the AFL season was suspended by one agency and the other bookies are getting nervous.

Kubiak, are you still busting skulls with that Aussie who supports Essendon?  Two days it came out that the club had systemically violated the drug rules all year. The club was doping the players, every single player on the side. The club doctor giving injections and masking agents to beat testing. It all fell apart when a player refused to go along this year. It's threatening to bring the whole league administration down. It could happen that the AFL gets reorganized under a new administration scheme. It's baseball's problems on steriods (so to speak) down here.

No I haven't worked with him for a few years now.  I do keep in touch with him so I will have to give him some hell about his team. ;D

Offline tmerton

• All-American
  • Do something that matters
    • View Profile
« Reply #63461 on: February 10, 2013, 08:08:38 pm »

Offline retagent

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #63462 on: February 10, 2013, 09:21:52 pm »
The East Coast is full of winter-weather weinies, which makes for grand spectacular sport. I usually fire up the grill, crack a beer and watch the hijinks in the hood.

Pete, I found that in the main there were two types of drivers out there. Those who didn't vary their driving in the snow from what they do on dry pavement. They were very dangerous. Then there were those who went about 5 mph, when they could go 35 or so. Also dangerous. Is that your observation?

Offline repete

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #63463 on: February 10, 2013, 09:42:19 pm »
Spot on, Ret.

I particularly like the Bethesda/Alexandria types who kick their SUVs into 4WD a couple of wintry weekends a year and think that just because their rigs will accelerate well in the snow, they will automatically stop just as efficiently.

That said, I do miss my old Alaskan pickup in the rare storms. When I sold it, repete jr., then 7, sat on the front step and cried ... already smarter than the old man it now seems

Offline Mr. Ypsi

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #63464 on: February 10, 2013, 09:45:42 pm »
I (then an Illini, now a long-standing Michigander) was once in Birmingham (AL) when they got 3 inches of snow.  You would have thought the world was ending!  I would have barely slowed down, except the other drivers were all over the road (and off it).  I beat a hasty retreat to the motel - it all melted by the next morning.  They at least had the excuse that the nearest snowplow or salt truck was probably 500 miles north! ;)