Author Topic: FB: Centennial Conference  (Read 633697 times)

Offline Joe Rockhead

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Centennial Conference
« Reply #3720 on: November 04, 2019, 10:33:45 am »
Muhlenberg took care of business this week. Hopkins played hard but the outcome was never in doubt.  JHU is still a very good team, but this game was more about just how good Muhlenberg is. The answer is really good.  JHU was very classy in defeat. This game had to hurt but I get the impression that there's a lot of mutual respect between these two teams.  First time that JHU has lost a game by more than 8 points since 2013.

Offline Joe Rockhead

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: November 04, 2019, 11:05:42 am »
I should have added that the game day atmosphere was phenomenal.  The stadium was packed to capacity both home and visitors' sides, the fence line was two deep. There were tailgates all over campus,  including the Hopkins parents who filled a lot across from the stadium. I was able to eat some great food and drink a couple of beers courtesy of people I never met before. I had a really good time at the game and so did my wife-who I have to give some credit to for riding along with me this fall to games-all so I could avoid yard work.     

Offline MANDGSU

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: November 06, 2019, 02:34:10 pm »
Susquehanna looks to be in good position with it's SOS, but should continue to root for Johns Hopkins and Lycoming to win out.

Offline The Mole

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: November 09, 2019, 09:03:08 pm »
F&M 44 Ursinus 16 Think Bears stud QB banged up, tie game at 16 headed to 4Q--TD and pick six right after trapped them

Moravian 24 Dickinson 6 In the surprise of the day, Hounds defense came up with 5 picks. Tough to overcome.

Hopkins 57 Juniata 26 Was 28-20 in middle of 3Q and then the Blue Jay offense went into overdrive

Susquehanna 49 McDaniel 7 Expected result on a chilly senior night in Selinsgrove.

Muhlenberg 44 Gettysburg 3 Mules have clinched the auto bid and cannot fall asleep next week
TAKE THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

Offline The Mole

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: November 10, 2019, 10:47:55 am »
Wrapping up the last week of the regular season  in the Centennial....

Moravian @ Muhlenberg: Valley Rivalry (D3 Version), Mules have clinched Pool A and want to stay healthy, Greyhounds had a nice W over Dickinson and could sneak into a MAC/Centennial Bowl with a W

Hopkins @ McDaniel: The Maryland Railroad Lantern is at stake. Blue Jays will be bowling next week if they choose regardless of the outcome. Green Terror sport the lowest scoring O in the league, a victory will be hard to scare out for the seniors.

Gettysburg & F&M: The Lincoln Football Trophy will be up for grabs in this 109th meeting all time in a series that is very close. Diplomats will probably get a bowl with a W, Bullets have second lowest scoring O (by two points) and the worst defense in terms of points allowed. Stranger things have happened on this game....

Susquehanna @ Juniata: River Hawks are in the thick of the Pool C conversation, so the Goal Post Trophy rivalry is a must win. The Eagles are in the throes of a 4 game losing streak. Going to be a real challenge to break that....

Ursinus @ Dickinson: This tilt could determine the final bowl spot in the CC/MAC bowls (assuming Susquehanna wins). Red Devils got bitten by the Hounds and Bears got mauled in the 4th quarter by F&M. Should be a good game between teams fighting for another chance to extend the season.

Offline The Mole

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: November 16, 2019, 07:13:49 pm »
Stay tuned for upcoming bowl/playoff bids tomorrow....

Hopkins 42 McDaniel 0: no surprise, down year for the Jays, may get cross town Stevenson in what should be interesting....

Muhlenberg 52 Moravian 7: Who will the Mules get in Round 1?

F&M 55 Gettysburg 7: Diplomats will be bowling (maybe Wilkes?)

Susquehanna 63 Juniata 7: with a rash of Pool C hopefuls losing, River Hawks should be fine, just who do they play and where?

Ursinus 27 Dickinson 19: Both finish with identical 5-5/4-5 records and this could mean the Bears get the bowl (Misericordia ?)

Offline The Mole

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: November 17, 2019, 10:04:52 am »
Yikes, I may have spoken too soon, boys from Selinsgrove projected to be out...

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
« Reply #3727 on: November 17, 2019, 01:11:41 pm »
Nobody is just fine in a playoff process with just five at-large bids.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Offline The Mole

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: November 17, 2019, 08:15:43 pm »
NCAA & MAC vs Centennial Bowls

MIT @ Muhlenberg: The Mules could not have asked for a better draw in their bracket (no Mt Union). The Engineers won the deceptively competitive NEWMAC and won't roll over, they have some mo' as they ended the regular season on a 5 game win streak. Mules should advance....

Wilkes @ Susquehanna: Congrats to the Colonels who have turned their program around! They got handled by Del Val and Stevenson so still have improvement to go, but still a great accomplishment by the players and staff to get to this point. They had 4 games decided by one score or less and were victorious in all of them, a sign of learning how to win. This will be a step up in competition versus an old conference foe that will either play really inspired and feels that they were snubbed for the field of 32, OR will sleep walk through the game because it had its eyes on a different goal.

Hopkins @ Stevenson: Juicy cross town Baltimore skirmish. The Mustangs two Ls were early to Pool A squads (Del Val & Bridgewater VA) so you could say they are battle tested, but Wilkes is the only team it beat that has a winning record. Jays had a "down year" by their standards, but those 3 losses were by a total of 19 points to Pool A Muhlenberg and fellow CC bowlers F&M and Susquehanna. Also one W over a winning team, 8-2 Randolph-Macon (runner up in the ODAC).

F&M @ Misericordia: Cougars have turned their program around though. They are limping into this game losing three of their last 4 with the W over second year squad Alvernia. Lost to Albright on 11/9, which broke like a 20 game losing steak for the Lions. They did not play Stevenson or Del Val and did play Wilkes close in a 36-35 loss. Their opponents that they beat combined for 18 wins. Dips had a big W over Hopkins but followed up that W with back to back losses to Dickinson and Moravian. Misericordia played in a bowl last year and got absolutely murdered by Ursinus. These games can be hard to gauge....