Author Topic: FB: USA South Athletic Conference  (Read 1224728 times)

Offline jknezek

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: FB: USA South Athletic Conference
« Reply #11715 on: June 10, 2019, 04:42:35 pm »
Was in Lagrange camping over the weekend. Took the ti.e to visit campus. It's very nice from the outside. Compact, great looking signature architecture. Really a nice looking campus including the gymnasium. Didn't see a stadium and i think i remember them playing at a municipal stadium, but otherwise I was impressed.

I was even more impressed by the food at Venucci's in downtown. Really, really good and reasonably priced Italian, and i grew up in NJ and lived in Manhattan for years, so I'm picky about Italian food. This was fantastic. Would highly recommend if you are in town for a game.

Offline Ralph Turner

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11716 on: June 10, 2019, 05:05:42 pm »
... and i think i remember them playing at a municipal stadium, but otherwise I was impressed.

Callaway Stadium is about 0.5 miles south of the campus.

Offline jknezek

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #11717 on: June 11, 2019, 10:08:38 am »
... and i think i remember them playing at a municipal stadium, but otherwise I was impressed.

Callaway Stadium is about 0.5 miles south of the campus.

Everything is named Callaway down there after the old Callaway Mills and Family. We've been to Callaway Gardens and my parents visited the Callaway historical center. About half the buildings are Callaway as well. They were the only thing going in the area for 100 years, but they did a lot of philanthropy as well so I guess they earned it.