Author Topic: MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (Read 1946127 times)

Offline hopefan

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #17145 on: December 04, 2019, 08:50:46 pm »
Yikes, it's comeback time for Greenville   down double digits in 1st half...

;D ;D ;D Didnt take long... back to tied with 8 minutes left in half.. Grady starts to find the range...

Thriller in Gville      129-129   1:10 left

GU misses 5 of 6 fts in last minute, but Westmin can't hit the big hoop     132-131 GU win....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 10:19:50 pm by hopefan »
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Offline hopefan

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #17146 on: December 04, 2019, 10:25:06 pm »
Fontbonne dominates Mac, by more than I expected...  nice point distribution for Fontbonne.. 6 in double figures...Caden Clark doesn't hit it, but contributes 7 assists.... Mac's Logan Doherty goes for a double-double 20 points, 14 boards...

Eureka beats BC by 10... GREAT to see Dehm and Daniels back... Dehm goes for the minimal double-double 10 pts, 10 boards...Juergens finishes with 25 on a tough shooting night, Bennington goes for 23 points, 8 boards...BC's box score doesn't show much, 29% on 37 attempts from 3s doesn't say much for shot selection..

GU beats Westmin by 1... Mitch almost did it again.....  Where was Greenville's Chris Jackson?  Huge numbers for Westmin's Landon Harrison 31 pts, 9 rebounds, Jaxon Althaus 36 points 8 rebounds 5 assists, Ethan Thompson 30 points 8 assists...   7 in double figures for Greenville

Does this mean that Westmin is a viable candidate for the 4th conference tourney spot?

Was watching all 3 games at the same time...great fun... tough to figure out who many of the individual players were..

Streaming critiques... Mac never showed the scoreboard to the right... the one that did come on the screen was partially blocked by basket supports...Viewer Never knew the correct score
Greenvilles running score at the bottom of the screen stopped with live stats with about 7 and a half minutes left... fortunately the gym scoreboard was usually visible, as well as a different running score on top of the screen...
Blackburn also had no running score... the scoreboard at the left end of the screen was usually visible, but at an angle that was tough to read....

Seriously, video volunteers should be cued in to show the scoreboard on a regular basis...

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 10:58:07 pm by hopefan »

Offline hopefan

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #17147 on: December 05, 2019, 08:55:31 am »
Spalding comes over to Webster tonight..... Spalding has been getting beat up on the boards in nonconference games... Webster should take advantage around the basket with Etienne and Tankins... don't turn it into a 3 point shooting contest... If Webster plays smart, I think they win double digits.....

Offline GU1999

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17148 on: December 05, 2019, 03:56:42 pm »
December 5, 2019

Spaulding @ Webster - Webster - 9.5

I agree with Hope that this one will be right on the line of a double digit win for the Gorlocks.  WU has too many weapons.  Hopeful to see an inspired shootout between Josh Johnson and Marcus Montgomery. Neither has played to their potential season to date, but I do expect them both to again vie for all-conf, if not first team all-conf honors.  Both are shooting below 40% from the field.  Montgomery, who struggles to find ways to contribute in the non-scoring traditional statistical categories, needs to shoot better than that to have a shot at first team.  All shooting percentages will soar in the SLIAC because everyone gets two games with GU and in general the individual and team defense will be less intense than these teams faced in the non-con.   Anyway, I expect this to be a WU win which will lead into a nice early challange game between GU and WU in Greenville on Saturday.

Offline hopefan

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #17149 on: December 05, 2019, 10:31:37 pm »
Webster wins by 12... not a very pretty game though....

Offline y_jack_lok

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #17150 on: December 05, 2019, 11:22:49 pm »
Webster wins by 12... not a very pretty game though....

I think that's all that needs to be said.

Offline hopefan

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #17151 on: Yesterday at 08:50:22 am »
Well... there could be a big problem for the Gorlocks... Josh Johnson jammed his shoulder in the last minute of the game last night, on what some would call a great hustle play, but others might say was as dumb a way to get hurt as there is... either is possible with Josh ..
With 1 minute left in the game, Johnson makes two free throws to extend Webster's lead to 12.... Spalding takes it out, Webster starts back on defense, Spalding does the typical roll the ball in to preserve time, and Johnson does an abrupt about face and dives for the ball... good news is he does get the steal... bad news is he injures his shoulder....

Word on the street... it doesn't look good

without Johnson, I just don't think Webster can get it done....

Offline GU1999

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17152 on: Yesterday at 01:26:27 pm »
This is terrible.  Regardless if it was the smartest play given the game situation, I hate it that a kid gets hurt making a hustle play.  I really like JJohnson's game and if he has to miss Saturday, it will be a downer.  If he does miss, I suspect that Etienne and Tankings will find a way to make it very interesting.  Last year Etienne went for 40 and Tankins had a triple double.  Johnson almost did too FWIW.  I hope to see #2 in the game Saturday.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:29:15 pm by GU1999 »

Offline hopefan

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #17153 on: Yesterday at 07:38:58 pm »
Johnson to be out 3-5 weeks... he'll miss at least 2 SLIAC games, possibly more if he isn't ready beginning of January.... This could really put an entirely new face on the 3-4 spots in the conference race....Wynn Brown, Blake Ferrell, Jordan Clay roles will expand for the Gorlocks