MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan Q

Augustana
* Jake Asquini, 6-2 SG (St. Charles East H.S.)
* Jordan Bradshaw, 5-10 PG (Hinsdale Central H.S.)
* AJ Dollmeyer, 6-8/240 C (Sauk Valley CC, Polo H.S. '14)
* Nolan Ebel, 6-0 PG (Regis Jesuit H.S., Aurora, CO)
* James Fox, 6-2 PG/SG (Edgerton H.S., Wisconsin)
* Joe Kellen, 6-1 PG/SG (Rockford Lutheran H.S.)
* Jake Nowak, 6-3 G/F (Plainfield North H.S.)
* Sean O'Neil, 6-6 PF (South Eugene H.S., Oregon)
* Chrishawn Orange, 6-2 PG (Jacobs H.S.)
* Pierson Wofford, 6-4 G/F (Springfield Lutheran H.S.)

Carthage
* Matt Acevedo, 6-3 SG (Maine West H.S.)
* Mike Canady, 5-10 PG (Jacobs H.S.)
* Chris Dolce, 6-2 SG (Conant H.S.)
* Jordon Kedrowski, 6-2 PG/SG (Downers Grove North H.S.)

Elmhurst
* Adam Braxton, 6-3 G/F (Leyden Township H.S.)
* Aaron Twist, 6-11 C (West Frankfort H.S.)

Illinois Wesleyan
* Danny Baker, 6-5 SF/PF (Vianney H.S., Missouri)
* Colin Bonnett, 6-3 SG (Benet Academy, Lisle)
* Nick Coleman, 6-2 PG (St. Patrick H.S., Chicago)
* Mark Falotico, 6-1 PG (St. Viator H.S., Chicago)
* Jason Gregoire, 6-4 SG (Cary-Grove H.S.)
* Chasen Peez, 6-7 F/C (Batavia H.S.)
* Ben Sestak, 6-5 SF (Sacred Heart-Griffin H.S., Springfield)

Millikin
* Matt Kruse, 6-9 PF (NCAA D2 McKendree/Monticello H.S. '13)
* Nathaniel Lackey, 6-8 F/C (Fairfield Community H.S.)
* Nathan Lovekamp, 6-3 SG (Cerro Gordo H.S.)
* Tyler Pygon, 5-11 PG (Providence Catholic H.S.)
* Jack Simpson, 5-11 PG/SG (Kickapoo H.S., Springfield, Mo)
* Thomas Williams, 6-2 SG (Byron Nelson H.S., Trophy Club, TX '14...formerly Kaneland H.S.)

North Central
* Jagger Anderson, 6-0 PG (Lincoln College, Springfield Southeast H.S.)
* Jack Bronec, 6-8 C (St. Charles East H.S.)
* Aiden Chang, 6-2 PG/SG (Aquin H.S., Freeport)
* Tanner Gardon, 6-7 SF/PF (Larkin H.S.)
* Logan Ivy, 6-6 F/C (Plainfield Central H.S.)
* Josh Jandron, 5-10 PG/SG (Woodstock North H.S.)
* Connor Raridon, 6-5 G/F (Neuqua Valley H.S.)
* Tommy Koth, 6-3 SF (West Aurora H.S.)

North Park
* Matt Perhats, 6-1 PG (Prairie Ridge H.S. '14, Crystal Lake)
* Vance Rockford, 6-1 SG (Lane Tech)

Wheaton
* Reagan Jones, 6-7 PF (Lake Braddock H.S., Burke, VA)
* Trae Masten, 6-6 SF (South Side H.S., Fort Wayne, IN)
* Luke Peters, 6-3 G/F (Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, Stow, OH)

Greek Tragedy

Just curious if any of you know how much recruiting your specific school, or in general, does in Wisconsin. I realize there are a ton more options in Illinois,  but Wisconsin does have some quality players. I'm assuming most WIAC schools recruit in Illinois, probably Whitewater the most. Out of Q's list, I see ONE Wisconsin player coming into the CCIW.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

Traditionally, the only CCIW school that really works Wisconsin is Carthage. For all the years I've followed this league, I can't recall more than a half-dozen or so non-Carthage or non-Carroll Wisconsin natives who've played in the CCIW. (North Park hasn't had one since Nils Clauson, who hailed from Green Bay's Northeast Wisconsin Lutheran HS, two decades ago.) Yes, Wisconsin does have quality players, but it also has a large league that consists of dramatically cheaper schools that likewise play a very high brand of non-scholarship college basketball. And, as if competing with the WIAC wasn't enough, there's also half of the MWC and more than half of the NACC with which to contend. Yeah, the CCIW usually wins recruiting battles against those two conferences, but it's often a different matter if a recruiting battle is on the home turf of the non-CCIW school.

Plus, there's the matter of recruiting resources. Each CCIW program has a limited number of coaches to do the recruiting, and there's only so many high school or AAU games that they are able to see in person. It makes more sense to stick closer to home to do most of your recruiting work (unless you're Wheaton, which has to operate on a different recruiting model). In other words, the effort-to-reward ratio for non-Carthage CCIW coaches to recruit in l'etat de fromage is not very favorable, especially when you consider that the six-county Chicagoland area (Cook, DuPage, Lake, McHenry, Will, and Kane counties) that constitutes the main recruiting base of the CCIW -- and the home of four of its eight schools -- has about 7.7 million people. That's two million more people than there are in the entire state of Wisconsin. It's just not an efficient use of time or energy for a CCIW coach to work Wisconsin, unless: a) he's given a lead on a specific player with a likely affinity to his school (e.g., a legacy or a player for an alumnus HS coach) that allows him to make a connection prior to driving up to see the kid play; or b) he's Bosko Djurickovic or one of Bosko's assistants.

I would challenge the idea that UWW recruits in Illinois the most. UW-Platteville has worked Illinois very hard in recent years, and UW-Oshkosh now has them both beat in terms of dipping below the Cheddar Curtain in order to woo players.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Greek Tragedy

I only  presumed Whitewater because of their location to Illinois. I did think of Platteville,  but I thought they might hit Iowa. I didn't scan the rosters lately though. And of course,  Oshkosh has been the flavor of the month lately...
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 20, 2015, 03:48:15 PM
Traditionally, the only CCIW school that really works Wisconsin is Carthage. For all the years I've followed this league, I can't recall more than a half-dozen or so non-Carthage or non-Carroll Wisconsin natives who've played in the CCIW. (North Park hasn't had one since Nils Clauson, who hailed from Green Bay's Northeast Wisconsin Lutheran HS, two decades ago.) Yes, Wisconsin does have quality players, but it also has a large league that consists of dramatically cheaper schools that likewise play a very high brand of non-scholarship college basketball. And, as if competing with the WIAC wasn't enough, there's also half of the MWC and more than half of the NACC with which to contend. Yeah, the CCIW usually wins recruiting battles against those two conferences, but it's often a different matter if a recruiting battle is on the home turf of the non-CCIW school.

Plus, there's the matter of recruiting resources. Each CCIW program has a limited number of coaches to do the recruiting, and there's only so many high school or AAU games that they are able to see in person. It makes more sense to stick closer to home to do most of your recruiting work (unless you're Wheaton, which has to operate on a different recruiting model). In other words, the effort-to-reward ratio for non-Carthage CCIW coaches to recruit in l'etat de fromage is not very favorable, especially when you consider that the six-county Chicagoland area (Cook, DuPage, Lake, McHenry, Will, and Kane counties) that constitutes the main recruiting base of the CCIW -- and the home of four of its eight schools -- has about 7.7 million people. That's two million more people than there are in the entire state of Wisconsin. It's just not an efficient use of time or energy for a CCIW coach to work Wisconsin, unless: a) he's given a lead on a specific player with a likely affinity to his school (e.g., a legacy or a player for an alumnus HS coach) that allows him to make a connection prior to driving up to see the kid play; or b) he's Bosko Djurickovic or one of Bosko's assistants.

I would challenge the idea that UWW recruits in Illinois the most. UW-Platteville has worked Illinois very hard in recent years, and UW-Oshkosh now has them both beat in terms of dipping below the Cheddar Curtain in order to woo players.

Greg, it's about quality not quantity. ;)

Platteville has stepped it up in Illinois since gaining reciprocity a few years ago.  Oshkosh has only recently gotten reciprocity but they've started hitting Illinois heavily too.   I wouldn't expect anything to change in the future all three WIAC schools will continue to recruit Illinois heavily.  As long as our out of state tuition is less expensive than Illinois instate we'll get athletes. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

AndOne

Quote from: AndOne on April 21, 2015, 06:07:39 PM
Quote from: mwunder on April 21, 2015, 04:18:10 PM
Quote from: AndOne on April 20, 2015, 04:35:54 PM
Quote from: andrebrown11 on April 20, 2015, 03:50:54 PM
It's simple. It's hard to get someone to commit to a school that chargers almost 40,000 a year without any scholarships. Nice campus amazing facilities but ridiculous price. Not a great sports atmosphere either. They were just better options for myself and my family.

Excuse me, but who are you, and what in the world are you referring to/talking about?

Also, once was enough!  ::)

I believe he is a kid out of Kenosha who decided NOT to go to Carthage.  #11 from Indian Trail.  http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1717070/andre-brown

Thanks mwunder.

Seems this kid is going to Whitewater.
This begs the question of why in the world would a kid go to Whitewater for $13,744.00 (tuition + double occupancy and 14 meal plan) when he could go to Carthage for $48,835.00 (tuition + double occupancy and 13 meal plan) PLUS having the pleasure of playing for Bosko?
It just makes no sense whatsoever.  ::)   ;)

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on May 21, 2015, 09:51:39 AM

Platteville has stepped it up in Illinois since gaining reciprocity a few years ago.  Oshkosh has only recently gotten reciprocity but they've started hitting Illinois heavily too.   I wouldn't expect anything to change in the future all three WIAC schools will continue to recruit Illinois heavily. As long as our out of state tuition is less expensive than Illinois instate we'll get athletes. 

Badgerwarhawk--

Given your statement, which is highlighted above in red, and which I agree with, I'd be interested in your opinion regarding the following questions:

1. Do you feel the much lower tuition at schools like Whitewater, Stevens Point, Platteville, and Oshkosh, all within fairly close proximity to the Chicagoland area and its multitude of prospects, provides said schools with any recruiting advantage over private institutions such as those in the CCIW, MWC, and NACC? If not, why?

2. If so, is it not then at least somewhat surprising when schools with this advantage don't win the national championship on a fairly regular basis? Again, if not, why not?

Thanks BWH.

Greek Tragedy

Because of this advantage, public schools are expected to win National Championships more than private establishments? Ouch!

Private schools also have the advantage of giving more financial aide than their public school counterparts, from what I've read.

here we go...
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: AndOne on May 21, 2015, 01:33:37 PM
Quote from: AndOne on April 21, 2015, 06:07:39 PM
Quote from: mwunder on April 21, 2015, 04:18:10 PM
Quote from: AndOne on April 20, 2015, 04:35:54 PM
Quote from: andrebrown11 on April 20, 2015, 03:50:54 PM
It's simple. It's hard to get someone to commit to a school that chargers almost 40,000 a year without any scholarships. Nice campus amazing facilities but ridiculous price. Not a great sports atmosphere either. They were just better options for myself and my family.

Excuse me, but who are you, and what in the world are you referring to/talking about?

Also, once was enough!  ::)

I believe he is a kid out of Kenosha who decided NOT to go to Carthage.  #11 from Indian Trail.  http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1717070/andre-brown

Thanks mwunder.

Seems this kid is going to Whitewater.
This begs the question of why in the world would a kid go to Whitewater for $13,744.00 (tuition + double occupancy and 14 meal plan) when he could go to Carthage for $48,835.00 (tuition + double occupancy and 13 meal plan) PLUS having the pleasure of playing for Bosko?
It just makes no sense whatsoever.  ::)   ;)

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on May 21, 2015, 09:51:39 AM

Platteville has stepped it up in Illinois since gaining reciprocity a few years ago.  Oshkosh has only recently gotten reciprocity but they've started hitting Illinois heavily too.   I wouldn't expect anything to change in the future all three WIAC schools will continue to recruit Illinois heavily. As long as our out of state tuition is less expensive than Illinois instate we'll get athletes. 

Badgerwarhawk--

Given your statement, which is highlighted above in red, and which I agree with, I'd be interested in your opinion regarding the following questions:

1. Do you feel the much lower tuition at schools like Whitewater, Stevens Point, Platteville, and Oshkosh, all within fairly close proximity to the Chicagoland area and its multitude of prospects, provides said schools with any recruiting advantage over private institutions such as those in the CCIW, MWC, and NACC? If not, why?

2. If so, is it not then at least somewhat surprising when schools with this advantage don't win the national championship on a fairly regular basis? Again, if not, why not?

Thanks BWH.

1.  Tuition isn't the only factor an athlete takes into account when choosing a school but it is one of them and being able to offer a less expensive education has it's advantages.  Particularly now days when a graduating student's debt can be sizeable.  Though in my experience, albeit limited, privates in Illinois can generally offer financial assistance making them competitive from that perspective.  Certainly they have more flexibility than Wisconsin publics who essentially have to rely on financial aide that is income need based. 

2.  No it's not surprising to me that the publics don't win national championships on a "fairly regular basis."  However I'm not certain what "fairly regular" is.  I do know that our league has won more national championships than any other DIII league has.  Primarily because there are so many factors aside from tuition that are involved in athletic success I don't find it surprising.  UW-Superior offers the same low tuition that WHITEWATER does and I haven't seen them winning many national championships.  Putting an athletic program together that competes for national championships on a "fairly regular" basis involves much more that inexpensive tuition. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

AndOne

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on May 21, 2015, 02:44:54 PM
Because of this advantage, public schools are expected to win National Championships more than private establishments? Ouch!

Private schools also have the advantage of giving more financial aide than their public school counterparts, from what I've read.

here we go...

Greek-

I'm not sure if "expected" is the right word, but lets say I certainly am not surprised when UWW or UWSP wins a championship.

As far as privates giving bigger financial aide "packages," I have no doubt they both can and do.
However, please see the example I referenced above. If tuition is $13,744 at UWW (or any other state school) and $48,835 at Carthage (or Elmhurst, NCC, Aurora, Benedictine, St. Norbert, or Lake Forest), and the private gives a $20,000 package, the cost at the private is still over $15,000 more a year or $60,000 more over a four year period, even if the public doesn't give a dime. And, if they do give a dime the difference, of course, is even greater.

Call me crazy, but it just seems like a tremendous recruiting advantage, especially if a player's parents don't run a profitable business or commute to the executive floor of a major downtown corporate office. As Badgewarhawk said, "as long as our out of state tuition is less expensive than Illinois instate, we'll get the athletes." Accordingly, it's "not surprising" that so many good athletes enroll at the state schools, and it's also not surprising, that with so many good athletes, they win.
What do you think?

AndOne

BWH-

I'm sure there certainly is more to winning national championships than much lower tuition. However, nowdays lower tuition has probably come to the forefront more so than at any other time in our history. And, even though Whitewater, Stevens  Point, and Platteville are nice little towns, I don't  think you can argue that athletes usually choose to attend school there because they hold more advantages than places like Kenosha, Naperville, Elmhurst, or Chicago. Also, with all due respect to state schools, I don't believe the academic superiority of most state schools over most privates is usually the primary reason an athlete chooses a state school.

As far as UW-Superior having the same low tuition as UWW, but not having the championships The Purple does, we were talking Chicagoland recruiting which, I'm sure you'll agree, it a bit beyond the range of UWS's radar.  ;)

Gregory Sager

Quote from: AndOne on May 21, 2015, 04:26:17 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on May 21, 2015, 02:44:54 PM

here we go...

Greek-

I'm not sure if "expected" is the right word, but lets say I certainly am not surprised when UWW or UWSP wins a championship.

Mark, would it surprise you to learn that neither UWW nor UWSP are among the leaders in national championships among WIAC schools? UW-LaCrosse has 37 D3 national titles and UW-Oshkosh has 31, good for third place and fourth place, respectively, on the D3 leaderboard. As a North Central supporter, you're well aware of how a school can really pile up hardware in the running sports. Well, UWL and UWO have been right there with NCC in terms of national running-sport dominance, UWL among the men and UWO among the women.

Quote from: AndOne on May 21, 2015, 04:26:17 PMAs far as privates giving bigger financial aide "packages," I have no doubt they both can and do.
However, please see the example I referenced above. If tuition is $13,744 at UWW (or any other state school) and $48,835 at Carthage (or Elmhurst, NCC, Aurora, Benedictine, St. Norbert, or Lake Forest), and the private gives a $20,000 package, the cost at the private is still over $15,000 more a year or $60,000 more over a four year period, even if the public doesn't give a dime. And, if they do give a dime the difference, of course, is even greater.

Plus, quite a bit of the financial aid handed out by private schools is in the form of Federal Perkins Loans rather than grants or scholarships ... which means that the student has to pay it back to the school, since with Federal Perkins Loans the school itself is the lending institution. Work-study programs are also a common feature of private-school financial aid, and that comes with strings attached as well in the form of on-campus work responsibilities while in college.

Quote from: AndOne on May 21, 2015, 04:26:17 PMCall me crazy, but it just seems like a tremendous recruiting advantage, especially if a player's parents don't run a profitable business or commute to the executive floor of a major downtown corporate office. As Badgewarhawk said, "as long as our out of state tuition is less expensive than Illinois instate, we'll get the athletes." Accordingly, it's "not surprising" that so many good athletes enroll at the state schools, and it's also not surprising, that with so many good athletes, they win.
What do you think?

I think that BW is right. The cheaper tuition definitely works in favor of WIAC athletics success, but it's hardly the only reason why the WIAC wins so many national championships across the board in D3 sports. He rightly pointed out soon-to-be-an-ex-WIAC-member UW-Superior's lack of success in sports, but there's entire leagues of public schools that have never made much headway on the D3 sports landscape. Take the MASCAC, for instance. Although the eight MASCAC schools tend to be smaller on average than their WIAC counterparts (Salem State and Bridgewater State being the only two WIAC-sized institutions), the MASCAC has the advantage of a much larger population within its recruiting zone than does the WIAC. And yet the MASCAC annually has little or no success nationally in D3 sports.

Once upon a time, the SUNYAC -- whose enrollments are closer in size to the WIAC's average than the MASCAC's -- fielded genuine powers in many D3 sports, including the Big Three of football, men's basketball, and baseball. Nowadays, however, the SUNYAC's national competitiveness is much lessened. Same goes for the Little Eight schools, all of which are WIAC-sized public institutions.

The NJAC used to be one of the top two or three leagues in all of D3 men's basketball. Six different NJAC programs have made it to the Final Four (four of them multiple times), and one of them (Rowan) has a Walnut & Bronze. But the NJAC has dramatically declined in men's basketball over the past decade and a half, and it's not as though the league has multiple programs lapping the field in other sports, either.

All of which goes to say that it's not simply a matter of cheaper tuition rates. Public schools do have that advantage over private schools, but it doesn't automatically translate into more athletics success. As BW said, there's a lot of other factors involved.

Quote from: AndOne on May 21, 2015, 05:06:31 PM
BWH-

I'm sure there certainly is more to winning national championships than much lower tuition. However, nowdays lower tuition has probably come to the forefront more so than at any other time in our history. And, even though Whitewater, Stevens  Point, and Platteville are nice little towns, I don't  think you can argue that athletes usually choose to attend school there because they hold more advantages than places like Kenosha, Naperville, Elmhurst, or Chicago. Also, with all due respect to state schools, I don't believe the academic superiority of most state schools over most privates is usually the primary reason an athlete chooses a state school.

As far as UW-Superior having the same low tuition as UWW, but not having the championships The Purple does, we were talking Chicagoland recruiting which, I'm sure you'll agree, it a bit beyond the range of UWS's radar.  ;)

Well, right there you've got part of your answer. Demographics does play a role in athletics success. UW-Whitewater is in an ideal spot to draw from both greater Milwaukee and Chicagoland. UWSP is centrally located in the state, allowing Pointers coaches to recruit everywhere within America's Dairyland. UW-Oshkosh is in the Lake Winnebago and Fox Cities corridor, one of Wisconsin's most heavily-populated areas. And, as you mentioned, UW-Platteville, for all its relative remoteness, is within reasonable recruiting distance of Chicagoland (as well as Rockford, the Quad Cities, and several other non-Wisconsin urban areas).

So, then, why don't all of those public-school leagues in the northeast -- the area of the country that has, by far, the greatest population density -- dominate D3 sports the way that the WIAC does? That's the question that should be asked. One answer I can give off of the top of my head is that the favorable situation of the WIAC with regard to competition from small-scholarship schools (D2 and NAIA) as compared to, say, the MASCAC, the Little Eight, the SUNYAC, and the NJAC, plays a role.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

AO

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 21, 2015, 06:43:29 PM
So, then, why don't all of those public-school leagues in the northeast -- the area of the country that has, by far, the greatest population density -- dominate D3 sports the way that the WIAC does? That's the question that should be asked. One answer I can give off of the top of my head is that the favorable situation of the WIAC with regard to competition from small-scholarship schools (D2 and NAIA) as compared to, say, the MASCAC, the Little Eight, the SUNYAC, and the NJAC, plays a role.
Let's just say the Northeast has a higher proportion of "inside kids".

Titan Q

Augustana
* Jake Asquini, 6-2 SG (St. Charles East H.S.)
* Jordan Bradshaw, 5-10 PG (Hinsdale Central H.S.)
* AJ Dollmeyer, 6-8/240 C (Sauk Valley CC, Polo H.S. '14)
* Nolan Ebel, 6-0 PG (Regis Jesuit H.S., Aurora, CO)
* James Fox, 6-2 PG/SG (Edgerton H.S., Wisconsin)
* Joe Kellen, 6-1 PG/SG (Rockford Lutheran H.S.)
* Jake Nowak, 6-3 G/F (Plainfield North H.S.)
* Sean O'Neil, 6-6 PF (South Eugene H.S., Oregon)
* Chrishawn Orange, 6-2 PG (Jacobs H.S.)
* Pierson Wofford, 6-4 G/F (Springfield Lutheran H.S.)

Carthage
* Matt Acevedo, 6-3 SG (Maine West H.S.)
* Mike Canady, 5-10 PG (Jacobs H.S.)
* Chris Dolce, 6-2 SG (Conant H.S.)
* Jordon Kedrowski, 6-2 PG/SG (Downers Grove North H.S.)

Elmhurst
* Adam Braxton, 6-3 G/F (Leyden Township H.S.)
* Aaron Twist, 6-11 C (West Frankfort H.S.)

Illinois Wesleyan
* Danny Baker, 6-5 SF/PF (Vianney H.S., Missouri)
* Colin Bonnett, 6-3 SG (Benet Academy, Lisle)
* Nick Coleman, 6-2 PG (St. Patrick H.S., Chicago)
* Mark Falotico, 6-1 PG (St. Viator H.S., Chicago)
* Jason Gregoire, 6-4 SG (Cary-Grove H.S.)
* Chasen Peez, 6-7 F/C (Batavia H.S.)
* Ben Sestak, 6-5 SF (Sacred Heart-Griffin H.S., Springfield)

Millikin
* Matt Kruse, 6-9 PF (NCAA D2 McKendree/Monticello H.S. '13)
* Nathaniel Lackey, 6-8 F/C (Fairfield Community H.S.)
* Nathan Lovekamp, 6-3 SG (Cerro Gordo H.S.)
* Tyler Pygon, 5-11 PG (Providence Catholic H.S.)
* Jack Simpson, 5-11 PG/SG (Kickapoo H.S., Springfield, Mo)
* Thomas Williams, 6-2 SG (Byron Nelson H.S., Trophy Club, TX '14...formerly Kaneland H.S.)

North Central
* Jagger Anderson, 6-0 PG (Lincoln College, Springfield Southeast H.S.)
* Jack Bronec, 6-8 C (St. Charles East H.S.)
* Aiden Chang, 6-2 PG/SG (Aquin H.S., Freeport)
* Tanner Gardon, 6-7 SF/PF (Larkin H.S.)
* Logan Ivy, 6-6 F/C (Plainfield Central H.S.)
* Josh Jandron, 5-10 PG/SG (Woodstock North H.S.)
* Connor Raridon, 6-5 G/F (Neuqua Valley H.S.)
* Tommy Koth, 6-3 SF (West Aurora H.S.)

North Park
* Matt Perhats, 6-1 PG (Prairie Ridge H.S. '14, Crystal Lake)
* Vance Rockford, 6-1 SG (Lane Tech)

Wheaton
* Tyrel Derrick, 6-0 PG (Lakeland H.S., Rathdrum, ID)
* Kobe Eichelberger, 6-4 SG (Trinity Prep, Maitland, FL)
* Trevor Gunter, 6-6 PF (Grace Community School, Flint, TX)
* Reagan Jones, 6-6 PF (Lake Braddock H.S., Burke, VA)
* Trae Masten, 6-7 SF (South Side H.S., Fort Wayne, IN)
* Troy Morrison, 5-11 PG (Phillips Exeter Academy, NH/Greater Atlanta Christian School '14, GA)
* Luke Peters, 6-3 G/F (Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, Stow, OH)
* Michael Winowiecki, 6-3 SG (Indiana Wesleyan/Saugatuck H.S. '14, MI)

Titan Q

Wheaton with 8 recruits...from 8 different states.

Is it possible that Tyrel Derrick will become the first CCIW men's basketball player from the state of Idaho?