Author Topic: FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (Read 5628482 times)

Offline WW

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #45195 on: February 12, 2019, 12:13:42 pm »
UWEC with some facility upgrades -- perhaps down the road, football games on campus and not at Carson Park. 

http://www.wiacsports.com/news/2019/2/11/general-regents-approve-upgrades-to-uw-eau-claires-simpson-field.aspx

If only they had a coach.  Been pretty quiet about the next HC for the Blugolds.

If I remember right state jobs must be posted for 6 weeks, so they're probably still in resume-gathering phase. My guess is Ebner, the interim coach, has a shot. He has a similar pedigree to that of Larson when he was hired.

Offline bleedpurple

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Warhawkfootball.com
« Reply #45196 on: February 13, 2019, 11:23:26 am »
UWEC with some facility upgrades -- perhaps down the road, football games on campus and not at Carson Park. 

http://www.wiacsports.com/news/2019/2/11/general-regents-approve-upgrades-to-uw-eau-claires-simpson-field.aspx

If only they had a coach.  Been pretty quiet about the next HC for the Blugolds.

The facility upgrades are long overdue. I don't know if their up-to-now relative lack of investment in facilities represents a lack of full commitment to success by the administration or not.  Being a pretty desirable city to live in, it's proximity to the Twin Cities, and some pretty good high school football in northern Wisconsin, Eau Claire seems like they could be strong if they commit to it and have the right people in place.

Offline bleedpurple

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Warhawkfootball.com
« Reply #45197 on: February 13, 2019, 11:24:34 am »
In case Whitewater fans need a fix:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1095044936087552001

I predict even Emma likes the route running of the freshman at 47 seconds!

I do believe that freshman receiver is from the same town in which I live. I also believe his HS QB teammate joined him at UWW.
Is there anyway you can run that play on a continuous loop in the coach's office?

The coaches don't operate on continuous loops. Their minds work differently than yours.

Offline WW

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45198 on: February 13, 2019, 11:34:11 am »

The facility upgrades are long overdue. I don't know if their up-to-now relative lack of investment in facilities represents a lack of full commitment to success by the administration or not.  Being a pretty desirable city to live in, it's proximity to the Twin Cities, and some pretty good high school football in northern Wisconsin, Eau Claire seems like they could be strong if they commit to it and have the right people in place.

JMHO, but I don't think geography does UWEC or any of the western WIAC schools any favors. Not only are there some strong D3 programs nearby in the Twin Cities, but the D2s offering athletic skollies and reciprocity have EC operating at a competitive disadvantage that, say, Oshkosh and UWW don't face to the same degree. But you're right -- facilities matter.

Offline emma17

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #45199 on: February 13, 2019, 12:32:32 pm »
In case Whitewater fans need a fix:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1095044936087552001

I predict even Emma likes the route running of the freshman at 47 seconds!

I do believe that freshman receiver is from the same town in which I live. I also believe his HS QB teammate joined him at UWW.
Is there anyway you can run that play on a continuous loop in the coach's office?

The coaches don't operate on continuous loops. Their minds work differently than yours.

You got a chuckle from me Bleed - I give you credit for the humor.

“Repetition is a key learning aid because it helps transition a skill from the conscious to the subconscious.”
Before you know it we’ll see slants, quick outs, utilization of the tight end, motion and shifts and an offense that can compete w the best.

Offline bleedpurple

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Warhawkfootball.com
« Reply #45200 on: February 16, 2019, 06:05:47 pm »
In Case You Missed It:

Former UW-W Offensive Line Coach Daryl Agpalsa has left the University at Buffalo to be the Offensive Line Coach at Northern Illinois University.

Offline emma17

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #45201 on: Yesterday at 11:29:50 am »
In Case You Missed It:

Former UW-W Offensive Line Coach Daryl Agpalsa has left the University at Buffalo to be the Offensive Line Coach at Northern Illinois University.

Congratulations to Daryl. It seems to me he did a great job at UWW and UB. I hope all is well w his relationship w LL.