Author Topic: FB: Liberty League  (Read 3672637 times)

Offline Union2000

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Liberty League
« Reply #50415 on: July 11, 2018, 08:22:00 pm »
As it turns out, Cascione doesn't have another year of eligibility, so he's done.  (Don't know the details, but heard reliably that was where that landed.)  So looks like Bellamy and Germiniero will battle it out...

Here's my take on Union's skill position players for the upcoming season. The Dutchman are surely going to miss the tenacity and break away threat of Connor Kinzelmann. Keep in mind though that he missed considerable time last year and was hampered by leg injury. That opened the door for FY Travis Demby and an out of nowhere Brett Waller (he appears on no roster) to get the job done. Demby, Waller and maybe Derek Khnaizir will be given first crack to win the job this fall. Look for one of the six incoming frosh RBs to also have a big impact .  At tightend the leading returnees are Pat Ryan and Ryan Schaenman. I hope new OC Kevin Trigonis throws to the position more.  The kicking game graduated both punter and place kicker so who knows? I hope special teams won't be a detriment.
NOW... about the Quarterback.  Nick Cascione has one year of eligibility left and I'm assuming he's coming back. He's started the majority of games the last three seasons. Last year's backup Will Bellamy should be itching to play and there's John Germinerio ( brother of Brockport standout Joe) who deserves a chance. Cascione is certainly capable though he struggles at times. Dlip I have NO IDEA how this shakes out. I can say that coach Behrman must have confidence in what he's got since he only recruited one QB.

Offline UfanBill

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50416 on: July 11, 2018, 11:15:35 pm »
You are correct Union2000. A liitle research reveals that Cascione spent the 2014 season sitting the bench at Sacred Heart University before he found his way to Union. The confusion stems from him being cited in the wrong class on Union's roster ...2015(fr)2016(soph)and 2017(jr). I should have known he was done since he did participate in last season's Senior Day.  >:(
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 07:15:43 pm by UfanBill »

Offline dlip

• All-American
  • A Schenectadian (Doid) through and through...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50417 on: July 12, 2018, 10:44:40 am »
dlip knew there was something funky with Cascione's eligibility but for some reason thought he was coming back. Well, the Bellemy/Germinerio competition should be great to watch. The door is open for both. Who will take it? dlip's guess is Bellemy, the kid is very talented IDHO. Competition is a great thing. Thanks for the info fellas.

Offline dlip

• All-American
  • A Schenectadian (Doid) through and through...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50418 on: July 12, 2018, 08:39:55 pm »
Congrats to RPI on coming in at #25 in the d3football.com preseason poll. dlip believes the Engineers earned this ranking with the excellent play at the end of last season. dlip feels Marionopolous is one of the top LL players to watch. It will be interesting to see what the Engineers put together this coming season.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:15:37 am by dlip »

Offline Bartman

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #50419 on: Yesterday at 10:19:01 am »
Congrats to RPI on#25 Pre season Ranking , as the Engineers certainly deserve kudos for last years LL title and strong showing in the playoffs. Looks like they have their offense back from last year but some key losses on defense with 6 Seniors lost to graduation. Hobart seemed to have solved the Engineers last year with a 30-0 win, but that will probably motivate the Engineers in 2018 with the game in Troy. Despite the ranking, I still think that Ithaca may have the edge going into the season with Union and Hobart in the mix for the title. Last year Hobart  was ranked #14 in the preseason poll , which is usually a hangover from the previous season results, so it will be interesting to see how the teams develop during the year. I think this will be a very competitive season.Just a few weeks to the openers with the Statesmen measuring themselves against #6 Brockport in week one.
When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers.”
― Max McGee Green Bay Packers Super Bowl I
“I never graduated college, but I was only there for two terms – Truman’s and Eisenhower’s” – Alex Karras

Offline ITH radio

• All-Region
  • Join us each Sunday at 7:30 PM
    • View Profile
    • Season VI of ITH
« Reply #50420 on: Yesterday at 03:00:44 pm »
RPI is bringing back 7 starters on defense according to Coach RI.
Follow us on twitter @ITHuddLLe

Offline Bartman

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #50421 on: Today at 07:41:04 am »
RPI is bringing back 7 starters on defense according to Coach RI.
RPI started 6 Seniors on defense in 9 of 11 games last year losing their top two tacklers, two best DBs(11 Ints) and stalwart DL  Malik Joseph to graduation. While it looks like they have decent experience coming into the season, they definitely have some key holes to fill on defense.
When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers.”
― Max McGee Green Bay Packers Super Bowl I
“I never graduated college, but I was only there for two terms – Truman’s and Eisenhower’s” – Alex Karras

Offline ITH radio

• All-Region
  • Join us each Sunday at 7:30 PM
    • View Profile
    • Season VI of ITH
« Reply #50422 on: Today at 11:20:26 am »
Actually one of those DBs is coming back. You'll have to order Kickoff to find out ;)
Follow us on twitter @ITHuddLLe

Online fisheralum91

• All-American
  • GO FISHER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50423 on: Today at 03:38:48 pm »
Online79

Malone is a Dll Quaker school from Canton, Ohio. Just up the road from Mount Union. Was NAIA UNTIL several years ago. Good luck on the season. ☠🏈

With apologies to any Quakers that may see this, they aren't very good. They lose more than they win. Refused in the past to play Mount. Don't be concerned just because they are D2. 😀
Malone has also refused to play Wesley. Walsh is also another Ohio team that has said no (after being beaten in 2011).
I wasn’t too concerned about SJF playing a D2 team, I was actually more upset that they couldn’t schedule a game against a LL opponent.  Both Union and Hobart had open dates.

Im confused --- I look at the schedule on D3.com and Malone is on the Fisher sched.  On the Fisher site- it shows open date

As it stands now per Fisher- they open against W&J then a 2 week lapse before Ithaca and then Brockport.....Yikes!