Author Topic: Spring games  (Read 3306 times)

Offline truenorth

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: Spring games
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 08:21:54 am »
By the way Blooter, I'm an unabashed cheerleader for the Maine lifestyle.  I'm always heartened when young Mainers return to their home state...and I gotta say that the Maine economy has never been more robust than it is right now.  Welcome back!

Offline blooter442

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: Spring games
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2019, 08:28:04 am »
By the way Blooter, I'm an unabashed cheerleader for the Maine lifestyle.  I'm always heartened when young Mainers return to their home state...and I gotta say that the Maine economy has never been more robust than it is right now.  Welcome back!

Thank you, and I couldn't agree more! I loved Massachusetts and was grateful for all the fun and opportunities I had there but Maine is much less stressful and, contrary to popular stereotype, there is plenty to do and all the major amenities you'd ever need (in the southern part of the state, at least). I was also glad to have had the experience of being in a city I think I would always wonder "what if" had I not done it but my new commute is 30 minutes both ways combined, in Boston it was 40 minutes one way on a good day, and the traffic pales in comparison. I am not the first "boomerang," and, based on conversations with a number of friends, sounds like I won't be the last!