Author Topic: CAC 2019  (Read 1643 times)

Offline EB2319

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
Re: CAC 2019
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 03:50:16 pm »
I don't know the history of Stevens in the Landamrk, but I assume there' some bad blood?  From an academic standpoint, Stevens to the Freedom makes no sense, regardless of them all being private institutions.

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
Re: CAC 2019
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 04:02:24 pm »
I don't know the history of Stevens in the Landamrk, but I assume there' some bad blood?  From an academic standpoint, Stevens to the Freedom makes no sense, regardless of them all being private institutions.

Well to be honest... Stevens is a tough fit in a LOT of conferences ... they just don't have a lot of choices. But I don't think they are a stretch too much from the Freedom - again, on paper looks different than reality. All conferences have their extremes to some extent, even the UAA. FDU Florham, DeSales, and others are closer to Stevens if the direction you are referring. Maybe they don't seem to fit a Wilkes or DVU, but I have also found that sometimes I discover schools like a Wilkes are far grander academically than I even knew in the past. But, I don't want to speak for schools too much.

Their history in the Landmark is simple: they were a founding member along with Catholic, Drew, Goucher, Juniata, Moravian, Susquehanna, and USMMA. The conference formed and suddenly Stevens left. There are stories out there, I cannot share what I know (sorry). Then suddenly they were in the Empire 8... the Landmark then invited Scranton to round out the eight.

I remember it as the Landmark formed, Stevens was suddenly out just days later, and 24 hours after leaving was in the Empire 8 ... but my memory of the timing has gotten fuzzy.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director, play-by-play and analyst for D3sports.com. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.