Author Topic: Landmark Conference  (Read 715610 times)

Offline saratoga

• All-Region
    • View Profile
Re: Landmark Conference
« Reply #6270 on: December 04, 2019, 09:10:15 pm »

NEPA:
Right you are.
Unfortunately, I think we've all seen this version of Royal men's basketball year after year after year.
Talented teams on paper that never quite put it all together for an extended period of time.
Hope they get up for the big Sarah Lawrence rivalry game!

Offline Tim the Enchanter

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: December 04, 2019, 09:20:30 pm »
Agreed.  York got 14 offensive rebounds and seemed to get to every loose ball.  Scranton actually shot better than York, but when you give up 11 more shots (64 for York vs. Scranton's 53) a few more are bound to go in.

Offline NEPAFAN

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: December 04, 2019, 09:33:53 pm »
Can I also vent. Maybe Iím living in the past but the place was empty tonight. Dave Martin is doing a great job but can he working on getting some butts in seats? They are averaging 250 a game and zero students unless you count the cheerleaders.

Drew smacked down Kings tonight in other action ..
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Offline Rofrog

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: December 04, 2019, 10:15:02 pm »
Something has to give with the guys.They definetly and I mean definetly need a PG.Danzing teams play like he coaches bottom line.smh0

Offline ronk

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: December 05, 2019, 10:45:45 am »
Can I also vent. Maybe Iím living in the past but the place was empty tonight. Dave Martin is doing a great job but can he working on getting some butts in seats? They are averaging 250 a game and zero students unless you count the cheerleaders.

I used to attribute the dropoff in student support to the academic calendar - finals in Dec and no students on campus from then to Feb - but now I'm thinking that they're more concerned with academics and social media than to support their fellow students at the games. Last nite would have been an attractive opponent for an entertaining Royals' team, yet no students.

Offline jmcozenlaw

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: December 06, 2019, 02:10:01 pm »

I used to attribute the dropoff in student support to the academic calendar - finals in Dec and no students on campus from then to Feb - but now I'm thinking that they're more concerned with academics and social media than to support their fellow students at the games. Last nite would have been an attractive opponent for an entertaining Royals' team, yet no students.

It is a different student these days..................but don't get me started. Social media and vaping take precedence. It's not just Scranton........but it is sad to see the place so empty. Was never the case in the Bessoir days!

Offline Rofrog

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: December 06, 2019, 07:30:46 pm »
JWC I totally agree even his teams that went 15-10.Them kids played with a chip on there  shoulder and played hard!

Offline jmcozenlaw

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: December 07, 2019, 06:39:06 pm »
JWC I totally agree even his teams that went 15-10.Them kids played with a chip on there  shoulder and played hard!

Spot on Rofrog!!