Author Topic: MBB: State University of New York Athletic Conference  (Read 1006986 times)

Offline magicman

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: MBB: State University of New York Athletic Conference
« Reply #9330 on: Yesterday at 09:48:09 pm »
New Paltz defeats Sage 77-74.    

I had the Hawks winning by 4 points 86-82. The teams didn't get that many but the MOV was close. 

The Hawks come from 12 points down with 13 minutes left to finally catch and pass the Gators, 71-69 on a Tristan Wisseman triple with 3:50 to go. The Gators tied the score at 71 but Scott Reisert scored to put the Hawks in front to stay. Jake Passaretti scored on a drive to increase the Hawks' lead to 3 points but the Gators scored inside and the Hawks turned the ball over allowing Sage a golden opportunity with 34 seconds left. The Gators came up empty with 16 seconds on the clock and had to foul. Passaretti made both free throws and set the stage for Sage to try and make a game tying 3 pointer. They got off a clean shot that missed but got the rebound and fired up another 3 that was also off the mark. The Hawks had completed the comeback and improved to 2-1 on the season.

Richard Altenord  led 4 players in double figures with 17 points, 4 rebounds and 3 steals.  Jake Passaretti had 16 points, 6 assists and 2 rebounds.   Isaiah Bien-Aise had 13 points and 7 rebounds.  RJ Meyers-Turner had 11 points and 3 rebounds. Nick Arthur came off the bench and filled up the stat sheet with 9 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks in 20 minutes of court time.

Sage was led by Stuart Phair with a double-double of 21 points and 11 rebounds. He captured game honors in both categories.
Jalon Borders added 18 points and 4 rebounds.

The Hawks were outrebounded 44-41 and had more turnovers than Sage, 20 to 15.  New Paltz outshot the Gators in every category though.  New Paltz was 8x21 from long range while Sage only went 5x30. That was the big difference. The Hawks shot 46.4% to 36.8% for Sage from the field.

New Paltz improves to 2-1 and will take the floor again this Saturday when they travel to Throggs Neck, NY to take on SUNY Maritime  at 1:00 PM.

Offline magicman

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: MBB: State University of New York Athletic Conference
« Reply #9331 on: Today at 01:14:01 am »
I may not be around here much in the next few days as I have to go into the hospital on Thursday for a surgical procedure. Nothing major but I'll be tied up for a few days.

I will be slowing down a bit this year and won't have as many predictions and summaries as I've usually had in the past. I'd like to thank the people who sent me well wishes with PM's and on facebook on my birthday last  Saturday. Also thanks to the many posters who have mentioned on here or sent me kind words concerning the content I post on the SUNYAC board. You know who you are.  8-)