Author Topic: General Mid-Atlantic Conversation  (Read 33873 times)

Offline gordonmann

• D3sports.com Guru
  • All-American
    • View Profile
Re: General Mid-Atlantic Conversation
« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2018, 01:14:36 pm »
Dave knows this stuff way better than I do, but I don't think this round includes wins against regionally ranked opponents. So Swarthmore's win over Middlebury wouldn't have been part of the discussion.

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2018, 01:33:44 pm »
The committee is probably splitting hairs with those two in the first week. Equal losses, equal SOS (Lyco - .512; Swat: .514) and on a quick glance I see only one comparable games (Hood, both won easily, though 2nd win tighter for Lyco)...

Next week when vRRO is put into this conversation, Lyco isn't going to be able to stay ahead of Swarthmore. The simple fact is Lyco will be 1-0 in that category and Swarthmore will be 2-2 (with a JHU game to add for this week).

Again. They are probably even. It doesn't appear they looked at Non-Conference SOS where Swarthmore has a large advantage... but that also speaks to the fact that the MAC Commonwealth has a strong conference SOS than the Centennial. It starts going in circles.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director, play-by-play and analyst for D3sports.com. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline cmackowiakSGSN

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2018, 08:16:31 am »
New bleachers are set to come to Salisbury's Maggs Gym in May; SU Athletics leadership has started a community petition to make a new indoor facility a 'top priority.' I sat down with SU Athletics Director Dr. Gerry DiBartolo to discuss it all.

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/02/12/petition-circulates-as-su-athletics-backs-new-indoor-facility/

Offline Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2018, 10:10:35 am »
New bleachers are set to come to Salisbury's Maggs Gym in May; SU Athletics leadership has started a community petition to make a new indoor facility a 'top priority.' I sat down with SU Athletics Director Dr. Gerry DiBartolo to discuss it all.

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/02/12/petition-circulates-as-su-athletics-backs-new-indoor-facility/

With all the new buildings they've put up down there, there can't be much more they need to do besides a new athletic facility, right?
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2018, 12:48:04 pm »

With all the new buildings they've put up down there, there can't be much more they need to do besides a new athletic facility, right?

State school... state budgets... that said, they have been making a lot of changes to athletic facilities. I am sure the gym is on the list and will be done, but it also has the biggest impact on offices, infrastructure, etc. Just ask NYU about that impact. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director, play-by-play and analyst for D3sports.com. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #215 on: February 14, 2018, 02:03:41 pm »

Offline Swish3

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2018, 11:28:43 am »
The regional rankings should be interesting this week...JH might take the #1 spot from York, and I'm hoping CNU moves up a spot or two, but not sure that will happen based on the results and SOS of the teams ahead of them.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:30:08 pm by Swish3 »

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2018, 02:45:29 pm »
The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Offline Swish3

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 21, 2018, 03:10:19 pm »
Nice jump to #2 for the Captains, which I wasn't expecting...also didn't think York would hang on to 1st...exciting days to come!

Offline Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 21, 2018, 04:06:53 pm »
Nice jump to #2 for the Captains, which I wasn't expecting...also didn't think York would hang on to 1st...exciting days to come!

Those first 6 teams are basically even at this point.  You could make arguments for just about any order.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Offline Swish3

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2018, 01:19:45 pm »

Those first 6 teams are basically even at this point.  You could make arguments for just about any order.

Yep, they're pretty close...if CNU can take care of business, they'd likely be the #1 seed in the MA, but first things first.