Author Topic: BB: Pool B  (Read 132083 times)

Offline ADL70

• All-American
  • Honorary Spartan Football Historian
    • View Profile
Re: BB: Pool B
« Reply #780 on: February 21, 2019, 04:21:11 pm »
Teams have to almost be begging the WIAC to get out of Pool B as soon as they can.

Per Ralph above by adding Finlandia don't they go A in 2021?  Is it safe to day "no one outside of WIAC or UAA need apply?"
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Offline Caz Bombers

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 21, 2019, 05:08:55 pm »
On the horizon...

http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2018/08/stevens-moving-to-freedom

Stevens is moving from the Empire 8 to the MAC Freedom in Fall 2019.

Assuming no other shuffling by Spring 2020, the E8 will have 6 members and would fall to Pool B in Spring 2022.

SUNY Canton has moved to the NAC. The E8 will be down to 6 this spring (5 teams in 2020, 4 if Ithaca just finally says "good luck with all that" and goes to the LL) and entering the grace period, which would put baseball in Pool B for 2021.

I have to correct myself here. SUNY Canton will remain in Empire 8 baseball this spring, join the rest of their teams in the NAC next year. I also finally got confirmation via Ithaca Athletics on Instagram that IC baseball will come home to the Liberty League next season.

Keuka is not joining until 2020-21, which would make E8 baseball 4 teams next season and 5 thereafter. Does falling to only 4 teams "void" the grace period and put them into Pool B immediately? It certainly should, at any rate.

Offline Jim Dixon

• D3baseball.com Guru
  • Global Moderator
  • All-Region
  • Managing Editor, D3baseball.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 22, 2019, 12:24:16 pm »
Teams have to almost be begging the WIAC to get out of Pool B as soon as they can.

Not unless they do better than last year.  No team was kept out of the playoffs by either UWW or UWO who would have made it anyway.

Online Ralph Turner

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 26, 2019, 09:20:53 pm »
On the horizon...

http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2018/08/stevens-moving-to-freedom

Stevens is moving from the Empire 8 to the MAC Freedom in Fall 2019.

Assuming no other shuffling by Spring 2020, the E8 will have 6 members and would fall to Pool B in Spring 2022.

SUNY Canton has moved to the NAC. The E8 will be down to 6 this spring (5 teams in 2020, 4 if Ithaca just finally says "good luck with all that" and goes to the LL) and entering the grace period, which would put baseball in Pool B for 2021.

I have to correct myself here. SUNY Canton will remain in Empire 8 baseball this spring, join the rest of their teams in the NAC next year. I also finally got confirmation via Ithaca Athletics on Instagram that IC baseball will come home to the Liberty League next season.

Keuka is not joining until 2020-21, which would make E8 baseball 4 teams next season and 5 thereafter. Does falling to only 4 teams "void" the grace period and put them into Pool B immediately? It certainly should, at any rate.
I believe that the 4 core members of the E8 keep the Pool A for 2 years.  The Empire 8 needs to do some hustling to get keep the Pool A.

Offline YourAverageRighty

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 07, 2019, 11:50:34 am »
The CAC shuffle that is coming will certainly spice things up in Pool B or in the nearby conferences if something doesn't change drastically