Author Topic: MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference  (Read 486420 times)

Offline jmcozenlaw

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
Re: MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference
« Reply #3360 on: March 03, 2020, 11:26:09 am »
Which schools are joining the GNAC next season and who is departing? Thanks!

Suffolk is leaving for the Commonwealth Coast Conference at the end of the spring athletics season.

Dean joins GNAC in September-- First year as a full d3 member.  Dean is presently in the NECC.

Thanks for the info!! I'm obviously a bit confused by all of this conference roulette :) There are three or four Upstate New York teams who are leaving the NEAC at the end of the Spring and I could have sworn that I heard they were joining the GNAC. I'm now wondering where they are going if not the GNAC. I believe the schools are SUNY Poly, SUNY Cobleskill, Cazenovia and Wells. Let me know if you've heard anything about this.

Offline Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: March 03, 2020, 11:29:44 am »

Suffolk is leaving for the Commonwealth Coast Conference at the end of the spring athletics season.

Dean joins GNAC in September-- First year as a full d3 member.  Dean is presently in the NECC.

Thanks for the info!! I'm obviously a bit confused by all of this conference roulette :) There are three or four Upstate New York teams who are leaving the NEAC at the end of the Spring and I could have sworn that I heard they were joining the GNAC. I'm now wondering where they are going if not the GNAC. I believe the schools are SUNY Poly, SUNY Cobleskill, Cazenovia and Wells. Let me know if you've heard anything about this.

I believe those NEAC schools are joining the NAC.  Our assumption (unconfirmed) is that the NAC is hoping to do East and West divisions to minimize travel from Upstate NY to Northern Maine and vice versa.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Offline jmcozenlaw

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: March 03, 2020, 11:43:20 am »

I believe those NEAC schools are joining the NAC.  Our assumption (unconfirmed) is that the NAC is hoping to do East and West divisions to minimize travel from Upstate NY to Northern Maine and vice versa.

Thanks Ryan...............that makes more sense. Great job with Dave, Bob and the Mike's on Sunday night's Hoopsville!!!

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #3363 on: March 03, 2020, 05:24:17 pm »
Is St. Joe's big enough to host a pod, if it even matters?

They will not host, regardless of capacity.

Existing gym at St. Joe's seats 342-- too small to host.  New expanded gym will get more seats, but the Bluejays are not in the top 2 in the regional rankings, so they travel next weekend.

Not entirely true ... yes, it is small and the NCAA may say no to them if it ever came to that, but they don't have minimums in the handbook for the opening weekend. Also, they can always go to another gym. That has happened often.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline Falcons 25

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: May 02, 2020, 01:26:16 pm »
ALBERTUS MAGNUS COLLEGE: NEW RECRUIT: Ta-Zhon Daniels- point guard(5-9) out of HILLHOUSE-NEW HAVEN
1st Team All State- 15 pts./ 6 assists/3 steals/5 rebs. per game! Congrats, young man!
See you in the fall, God willing!

Offline Falcons 25

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: May 18, 2020, 10:17:33 pm »
AMC Hoops- recruiting news- The Falcons have added an athletic forward in Rahsen Fisher- Trinity Catholic- Stamford, CT.
6`,5" forward runs the floor really well & is a strong rebounder. Typical Flying Falcon who finishes strong at the rim!
More when I receive it!

Offline D3HoopJunkie

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: Yesterday at 02:01:39 pm »
Amazing story about Coach Oliver's family and what his parents have gone through over the past couple months. Mitch's father, Ernie, who is at every single game, home or away, almost lost his life to the COVID Virus and John Pierson from News 8 did a really touching story on his battle. Hats off to Mr. Oliver and the entire family.

https://twitter.com/JPPierson/status/1265053909611151360?s=20