Author Topic: MBB: Little East  (Read 636441 times)

Offline ECSUalum

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: MBB: Little East
« Reply #3870 on: February 29, 2020, 07:53:19 pm »
How did Coach Geitner not get Fenton Bradley Jr (Mansfield CT)? (He probably wanted to get away from home)
He had a double double today.... I wonder how many he had this year?

Offline wcsu91

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: February 29, 2020, 09:10:57 pm »
How did Coach Geitner not get Fenton Bradley Jr (Mansfield CT)? (He probably wanted to get away from home)
He had a double double today.... I wonder how many he had this year?

Not sure and you are probably right about him wanting to go
Away from home. Iím happy Western was able to get him. Havenít seen many players able to get up as high as him at this level. He really developed into a great player in his junior and senior years. He was able to put on some pounds. Played in Spain this past Summer so I think that really helped elevate his game this year. He had maybe around 6 or 7 double doubles this season, not as many as you would think. He will be big shoes to replace.  There was another player, Canít recall the players name from Willimantic that played his first 2 years at western and then transferred to Eastern, great outside 3 point shooter??. Often wondered how Eastern let him get away the first couple of years and would have big games against western as revenge and kill us. Next year should be fun to watch and see how both of our teams restock. Hoping Western makes some noise in the NCAAís.

Offline AllStar

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: March 01, 2020, 02:36:54 am »
Congrats to Western on winning both the regular season and tournament titles this year...good luck in the NCAAs!

Offline wcsu91

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: March 02, 2020, 09:36:03 pm »
Western plays at Tufts in their first round game Friday @ 6pm.  Tufts has a lot if size in their roster. Should be fun to watch. Western will need Fenton Bradley and Privott to have big games and be a presence in the paint. Shea Tracey and Legend Johnson will need to hit from beyond the arc  Hoping the speed of Western will give tufts some issues! Good luck Colonials!!

Offline wcsu91

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: March 03, 2020, 07:40:00 pm »
After Western being picked to finish 5th in the LEC pre season poll and winning the LEC regular season and LEC tourney, Coach Guy Rancourt in only his 2nd season is names LEC Coach of the year!! Westernís Senior Fenton Bradley, Jr. name LEC player of the year and named to the LEC first team and Ahmod Privott sophomore named to the 2nd team. Congrats!!

Offline LECFAN32

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: March 03, 2020, 10:59:37 pm »
Kendall Marquez was the player who led Western in scoring and then transferred to eastern. He had gone to Windham high as I recal and his father had played for Eastern as well.  From what I know of Fentons recruitment- Eastern was not interested initially and tried to get involved late but not at a serious level. Fenton could always dunk like he does, but he was a late bloomer as a player. Believe Fisher, Thomas College and some other schools were involved along with Western

Offline wcsu91

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: March 06, 2020, 08:04:43 pm »
Western loses a tough one by 2 to Tufts. Heartbreaking loss. Shouldíve came away with the W! Led by as many as 19 in the 2nd half and by 14 with 4 min left in the game. Didnít stay aggressive on offense, got to complacent.  Trying to take time off the clock, run the clock out instead of sticking with what they did for the first 32 minutes of the game with getting the ball down the court quickly on offense and to the basket. Ugh. Congratulations on a great season Colonials. Looking  forward to next season.

Offline 7express

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: March 08, 2020, 10:55:47 am »
Western loses a tough one by 2 to Tufts. Heartbreaking loss. Shouldíve came away with the W! Led by as many as 19 in the 2nd half and by 14 with 4 min left in the game. Didnít stay aggressive on offense, got to complacent.  Trying to take time off the clock, run the clock out instead of sticking with what they did for the first 32 minutes of the game with getting the ball down the court quickly on offense and to the basket. Ugh. Congratulations on a great season Colonials. Looking  forward to next season.

Horrible!  As I always say watching football teams that play this dopey prevent defense when they take a late lead....the only thing it prevents is from that team winning the game!  When you play NOT to lose like these football teams do, and what it sounds like Western did, unfortunately you deserve to lose.  What a shame too because I think they could've easily the 2 other teams there (RPI and I forgot who they ended up beating).  Oh well, it was a nice season for them and onto next year but that will hurt for a while.
Twitter: twitter.com/maxl100
http://maxdavidlyonssports.blogspot.com/