Author Topic: BB: D-3 Players in minor leagues/MLB  (Read 218530 times)

Offline Jim Dixon

• D3baseball.com Guru
  • Global Moderator
  • All-Region
  • Managing Editor, D3baseball.com
    • View Profile
Re: BB: D-3 Players in minor leagues/MLB
« Reply #780 on: August 19, 2019, 12:32:16 pm »
I doubt I will EVER understand the thinking of MLB managers. ::)  Jordan Zimmermann, in his first start after yet ANOTHER DL stint, had a one-hit shutout (on only 63 pitches) thru five, and got pulled!!  I suppose it was precautionary (first start back from DL), but come on!  A pitch count limit of 90 maybe, but 63??!!

I think you said it when you wrote "ANOTHER DL stint".  Unless things chge drastically, the Tigers are looking at the 2020 season.

Online Mr. Ypsi

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 19, 2019, 08:39:24 pm »
I doubt I will EVER understand the thinking of MLB managers. ::)  Jordan Zimmermann, in his first start after yet ANOTHER DL stint, had a one-hit shutout (on only 63 pitches) thru five, and got pulled!!  I suppose it was precautionary (first start back from DL), but come on!  A pitch count limit of 90 maybe, but 63??!!

I think you said it when you wrote "ANOTHER DL stint".  Unless things chge drastically, the Tigers are looking at the 2020 season.

My understanding is they are not even looking at the 2020 season, but the 2021 season AT THE EARLIEST.

With his contract, they have no hope of trading JZ.  They just hope he can be an 'elder statesman' in the locker room for the younger guys  (and they DO have some promising arms in the minors).

Bombers798891

« Reply #782 on: September 12, 2019, 11:07:01 am »

You don't understand why a pitcher with an incredibly lengthy history of arm injuries, in his first start back from a DL stint, would be on a pitch count?