Amherst-Tufts first half comments:
- Certainly living up to the rep as a defensive struggle, though in part that is due to poor shooting, particularly Amherst -- the Jeffs are having trouble finishing, aren't capitalizing the times they have good looks, etc.
- As I said last year, Voigt plays too out of control -- it's her game, always has been, but sometimes she plays too fast and loses the handle or can't finish after blowing past defenders, particularly to her left. I don't know whether she'd be as good a player if she slowed down a bit, but I wonder.
- Amherst is having a lot of trouble in the post, which seems odd given its slight height advantage
- Zwecker is going to be a quality player -- haven't seen many Amherst games this year, but was impressed with her play once Voigt got into foul trouble -- creative passer, good penetration, looking forward to great things from her
- Crowley lost her cool in a bad way at the end of the first half with the third foul -- granted, she's getting beat up in the post pretty badly, but she committed a frustration foul and then didn't seem collected once she hit the bench -- looked like more than fatigue with her head in her hands for an extended period.
- Barnosky is a good, scrappy player for the Jumbos. She makes that team go.