Author Topic: HCAC  (Read 93418 times)

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
Re: HCAC
« Reply #540 on: June 16, 2020, 06:46:09 pm »
Schools mentioned on are on many of our's watch lists. That said, the next few weeks will determine who will be open likely the next academic year. I think we will hear more closures - though, not sure those in this conference will be of concern. The real time table to watch is the next academic year ... the true impact may be felt as we get closer to the traditional second semester and into that semester on what the futures may be for many schools.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline Jester1390

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 22, 2020, 01:35:00 pm »
Engine

Here is the link to the 6 new members of the rose basketball team.  Shomba had d-1 offers and thomas is the real deal. I dont know much about the others. Randolph i heard on her hudl film the ref calling her a monster.  https://athletics.rose-hulman.edu/news/2020/7/21/womens-basketball-announces-six-player-recruiting-class-for-2020-21.aspx

Offline RogK

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 22, 2020, 03:52:12 pm »
that's a nice group of newcomers, accomplished academically and athletically

Offline FCGrizzliesGrad

• All-American
  • Hoosier Hysteria
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 29, 2020, 04:40:26 pm »
For those not keeping track, latest conference news is high contact risk sports in the fall (football, soccer, volleyball) have finally been postponed to spring. Low contact risk (golf, tennis, cross country) are still proceeding (but lots of other conferences have halted all fall sports). Basketball hasn't been decided yet but is in the high contact risk group.
A decision on the timing of basketball season (defined as high contact risk sport by the NCAA) will be made in the near future. Swimming and diving is classified as a low contact risk sport and will continue forward with its standard schedule.  The sports of indoor and outdoor track and field, men's lacrosse and women's lacrosse have also not been altered at this time.

In other news, conference branding will be getting a new look on Monday. Honestly I haven't cared too much for the current look so hopefully it stands out a little more.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: NJAC
4x: CCIW
3x: IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, ODAC:S
2x: HCAC, MIAC, WIAC, Nat'l
1x: ASC, OAC:S, OAC:P, ODAC:P

Basketball Dabbler
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2014 Tourney Fantasy
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2016 Tourney Draft
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Offline FCGrizzliesGrad

• All-American
  • Hoosier Hysteria
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 03, 2020, 03:15:46 pm »
New conference look has been released https://spark.adobe.com/page/whjtMIQ80mTgw/

Blue, green, and gray colors instead of the maroon of old.
Two logos, primary saying 'Heartland' and secondary saying 'HCAC'
School specific versions of the logos
Each sport has their own versions as well

The two words forming the league’s moniker served as inspiration for the brand narrative:

HEART – The word ‘Heart’ is underlined to emphasize the competitive spirit and unified community of the HCAC. This positive bond of community felt within the conference was referenced universally throughout the process. Unity, sportsmanship and a sense of family was concurrent in the feedback from student-athletes, administrators and other conference stakeholders. Passion and commitment were also identified as key league values.

LAND – The land is represented visually in the logo with three rows of abstract farmland. This element showcases the geographical link of the 10 member campuses while also highlighting the conference’s membership in NCAA Division III.

Basketball Dabbler
2014 Tourney Fantasy
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2016 Tourney Draft

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #545 on: September 23, 2020, 06:28:34 pm »
Will there be a 2020-21 NCAA Division III basketball season? If so what will it look like? What will the post-season look like?

It is on the mind of student-athletes, coaches, administrators, parents, and fans for several weeks, if not months, now. We are finally understanding what it may look like as a number of decisions or proposals are now making their way around Division III.

In this month's podcast, Dave McHugh not only downloads all the things being considered and the likely outcomes, but tries to give listeners an understanding of how much is still unknown despite some things becoming more clear.

McHugh also talks to Texas-Dallas women's basketball coach Polly Thomason for her take. Thomason has been in the Division III Women's Basketball National Committee for several years and is this season's chair of the committee. She also serves on the WBCA Board of Governors. Thomason not only provides her perspective on much of what is going on not only in Division III, but in women's basketball as well.

And of course, there is always the Hoopsville Notebook. Unfortunately, there is some sad news in the Notebook this month, but also news to celebrate especially when it comes to DIII alums making news in the NBA.

You can listen to the podcast here: https://bit.ly/3kMl0rZ

Hoopsville broadcasts from the WBCA/NABC Studio. All guests are featured on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline. The offseason plan is to do a podcast each month. The shows will be audio-only leading up to the start of the 2020-21 when we will restart the video shows.

If you have questions, ideas, or want to interact with the show, feel free to send them to hoopsville@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options available.

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

We also have the podcast now on Tune-In and others coming. We will update them once we have better abilities to do so.

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3sports.com
Hoopsville Season Archive: www.team1sports.com/Hoopsville
YouTube: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline FCGrizzliesGrad

• All-American
  • Hoosier Hysteria
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 29, 2020, 06:01:44 pm »
Basketball schedules have been released. First games will be January 16th. 13 games plus an expanded 8 team conference tournament

Basketball Dabbler
2014 Tourney Fantasy
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2016 Tourney Draft

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #547 on: October 15, 2020, 04:29:31 pm »
Basketball schedules have been released. First games will be January 16th. 13 games plus an expanded 8 team conference tournament

Don't be surprised if this is pushed a bit ... I am hearing from more and more schools two things: some schools are leery of letting students on campus before all students are expected on campus for the spring semester; there is a 7-10 day period of time per the NCAA teams have to practice and get up to speed before anything serious starts.

That is also dependent on whether schools bring students back to campus in the first place. That what if is right now become more and more of a question mark.

Offline Jester1390

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 16, 2020, 01:26:19 am »
Maybe the youngest confrence in country

1. Earlham 4 freshman 4 senior

2.Defiance and Hanover no info   each have 1 senior

3.Manchester leading the pack 12 fresh  0 seniors. I dont know if i was  aparent i would be happy with 12 players being signed

4. St Joe 7 fresh 4 senior

5.Transy 6 fresh 4 senior

6.Franlin according to twitter 9 Fresh 4 senior

7.Bluffton according to twitter 7 fresh 4 senior

8. Anderson according to twitter only 1 fresh 1 senior

9. Rose 6 fresh 0 seniors

Franklin I saw the girl who was fighting for her life  got to go home that is terriffic,

Engine some news on rose. First the bad news Nosa Igehon has decided not to play anymore.  I will miss her she was a terriffic player but she is even a better person she is still attending Rose so im glad I will still get to see her..  The freshman class are doing well and shomba is the real deal.

on apersonal note kahlan is still rehabbing her wrist from the torn ligament she played with last year  and has started dribbling and hopes to start shooting in 2 weeks.  mor eimportantly lol after 10 years of everyone telling her she should shoot more. These words came out of her mouth. You know dad its embarrassing i only scored 4pts a game i really need to be more aggressive and shoot more.  The clouds opened up and a ray of light shined on her and the birds started signing and babies stopped crying and a dad thought to himself well its about damn time you said that.

hope everyone is doing good and its damn ridiculus they are practicing with masks on  i think that could cause way more dmagae potentially then covid

Offline Jester1390

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 20, 2020, 12:06:22 pm »
Update to Anderson they have posted roster 2 freshman  and 1 senior

Offline Jester1390

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 20, 2020, 12:16:16 pm »
at this time 4 teams are set to play non cinfrence games in nov and dec  Bluffton,Defiance and Manchester.    Manchester and Mt s t joesph have set up a game against each other in november as well. I would say 80 percent Rose will join this list