South Region -- Updated thru 2/14
1. Oglethorpe 15-2 19-2 (16-2 20-2; Beat Rhodes; hosts BSC on Sun)
2. Texas-Dallas 18-2 18-3 (20-2; 20-3; Won at UOzarks; beat UT-Tyler in OT)
3. Greensboro 17-0 18-1 (20-0 21-1; Beat Ferrum; won at Peace; beat NCWC)
4. Roanoke 18-2 19-2 (19-2 21-2; Beat Bennett/USCAA; won at E&H)
5. McMurry 15-3 17-4 (16-4; 18-5; Won at Sul Ross St; lost at Howard Payne)
6. Mississippi College 17-3 18-3 (19-3 20-3; Won at LeTU; won at ETBU)
Regional Rankings Feb 18th
South Region In-Region Record Overall Record
1. Oglethorpe 16-2 21-2
2. Texas-Dallas 20-2 20-3
3. Greensboro 20-0 21-1
4. Roanoke 19-2 21-2
5. Randolph-Macon 15-4 18-5
6. McMurry 16-4 18-5
The new regional rankings are in and MC is dropped out of them. I don't understand how McMurray can lose and still be ranked. UtD is ranked 2nd and MC beat them and if the refs hadn't been so selective in their shooting foul calls when they played at Dallas(UTD was 23/26 FT to MC's 4/6), MC would have won again. Ralph if you are right that if you don't have a regional ranking you won't get a bid, then it seems to me that the rankings committee selects who they want to be ranked. As I said before the only way for MC to make the tournament is win the ASC.
A "selective ref-ing" comment from a Mississippi College fan?
Probably 14/15ths of the ASC thinks that your refs are from a different planet!
Actually Randolph Macon displaced us both!
I don't think that Mississippi College is #7; they are probably #6.1.
McMurry's loss was to HPU, which is a good team. We also don't know what happened with the other OWP/OOWP numbers for McMurry and Mississippi College. McMurry still has the head-to-head over MissColl.
My complaint with the women is that I think that the women need to rank 8 teams (56 South Region teams divided by 6.5 teams per bid = 8+). Then we might see either Miss College or HSU.
The ASC teams have beaten ourselves up. We don't have quite enough out-of-conference in-region wins to boost our OWP/OOWP's as we see in the UAA.
The ASC may get one Pool C bid. Two would be great, but I am not counting on it.