Author Topic: Liberty League  (Read 350500 times)

Offline Caz Bombers

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty League
« Reply #2070 on: November 10, 2017, 12:44:20 pm »
http://libertyleagueathletics.com/news/2017/11/9/hobart-chosen-as-2017-18-favorite-in-liberty-league-preseason-mens-basketball-poll.aspx

agree on Hobart being the team to beat, based on returners. Skidmore seems like they'll still be super fun to watch as that Rupkus dude could average 25-30 ppg. RPI has been down a while, but the coaches have them third? Hmm, interesting. SLU fourth would be a really down year for them. Vassar would have to bounce back from a terrible season to reach the prognosticated 5th place, Ithaca 6th seems about right after a lousy final season in the E8. RIT, Union and Clarkson as also-rans seems about right, Union and Clarkson in particular got totally wrecked by graduation. Then Bard...who is Bard.

btw women's race would seem to be compelling as IC and RIT picked tied for 1st only 2 points ahead of Skidmore (who has a returning All-American).

Five days until basketball!!

Offline magicman

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: November 10, 2017, 11:42:51 pm »
Edvinas Rupkus, Skidmore guard, has been selected as a D3hoops 2nd Team All American. I'll get to see him play when my Plattsburgh State Cardinals invade the Williamson Sports Center on November 20th at 7:00 PM. Should be an exciting game   

Online Bartman

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: November 15, 2017, 06:16:38 pm »
GO Bart....opener tonight against the Cardinals.....help me get over football season
When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers.”
― Max McGee Green Bay Packers Super Bowl I
“I never graduated college, but I was only there for two terms – Truman’s and Eisenhower’s” – Alex Karras

Online Bartman

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: November 15, 2017, 07:49:12 pm »
Hobart 48....Fisher 32 at the half
When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers.”
“I never graduated college, but I was only there for two terms – Truman’s and Eisenhower’s” – Alex Karras

Online Bartman

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: November 15, 2017, 09:20:50 pm »
Hobart beats #19 St. John Fisher.......87-75...impressive season opener

Offline Caz Bombers

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: November 16, 2017, 11:22:30 am »
Pretty strong 4-1 opening night for the Double L, coulda/shoulda/woulda been 5-0 but IC couldn't hold a 9-point lead at Cortland. Bart of course with the big result over ranked Fisher but RPI, Skidmore and Union also cruised respectively over Cobleskill, Castleton and Hartwick. 6'6" D2 transfer Dakpe Yiljep went Beef Moe for Skidmore with 25 and 11 on 10-13 from the floor.

Decent chance at another 4-1 on Friday as only Bard is a real no-chancer at Rochester. Would be impressed if St. Lawrence beats NESCAC Bowdoin on a neutral floor.

Offline stlawus

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: Yesterday at 08:22:41 pm »
Watching SLU's opener against Bowdoin.  I can see why these guys lost to the national champs by 4 last year.  They are a gigantic team.  Getting bailed out on the 3 point line, otherwise SLU playing decent defense.

Offline stlawus

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: Yesterday at 09:45:57 pm »
SLU loses their opener 80-74 but I was very impressed by this SLU squad.  Lost 2 really good guards to graduation but the freshman backcourt looked very good.  Bowdoin is an extremely strong team and SLU surpassed my expectations for that game by quite a bit. 

Offline Caz Bombers

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: Yesterday at 11:20:24 pm »
Blowout wins for Ithaca and RPI over SUNY Canton and Framingham State, respectively. Clarkson let a double-digit lead get away in a 3-point loss to Bridgewater State across town at Potsdam's gym. Bard kept it within 20 at #16 U of R, which is about all you can ask for.

Tomorrow will see Vassar (at Rhodes) and RIT (home against Wells) join us in the 2017-18 campaign.