Author Topic: Liberty League  (Read 259815 times)

Offline Upstate Hoops Dad

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty League
« Reply #1845 on: August 22, 2014, 08:17:21 am »
I understand the motive for the move to RPI by Mark Gilbride (bigger school, bigger metro area, closer to New England roots) but I was surprised to see a LL coach go for and get another LL job. Isn't that kind of like the manager of the Yankees leaving to be the manager of the Red Sox or is not a big deal? I would think it's tough to coach kids you competed against last year and then coach against kids you recruited the past few years. Sensitive situation but I guess everyone involved just tries to stay professional about it. Still, I gotta think there are some hard feelings at Clarkson particularly leaving them without a HBC less than 2 months before the season starts.

Offline NJBalla35

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 06, 2014, 11:22:15 am »
Looks like HoopDirt.com has the four finalists for Clarkson:  http://hoopdirt.com/blog/749dc505/empire-state-dirt/

Apparently they want a young assistant judging by the candidates.

Any thoughts???

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: September 06, 2014, 04:07:35 pm »
Looks like it will be the first HC job for one of these guys. Got to know Jeff Juron at U of R -- he is from Saratoga, NY area and a very sharp guy so Clarkson would be a good spot for him to start a HC career. Hauser might have an edge as a former Clarkson assistant under Gilbride. Lots of coaching changes in upstate NY this year between Alfred, Hobart, RPI and Clarkson but it opens up a bunch of spots and assistants need that to get a shot at HC jobs.

Offline Ethelred the Unready

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 07, 2014, 11:23:30 am »
Looks like it will be the first HC job for one of these guys. Got to know Jeff Juron at U of R -- he is from Saratoga, NY area and a very sharp guy so Clarkson would be a good spot for him to start a HC career. Hauser might have an edge as a former Clarkson assistant under Gilbride. Lots of coaching changes in upstate NY this year between Alfred, Hobart, RPI and Clarkson but it opens up a bunch of spots and assistants need that to get a shot at HC jobs.

Jeff was a senior my son's freshman year at UR.  Great guy from a solid basketball family
"Your mind is on vacation but your mouth is working overtime" - Mose Allison

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: October 06, 2014, 06:32:37 pm »
Any pre-season scouting reports from the vets that usually follow the LL?