D3baseball.com > National topics

Summary of D3 Baseball Conferences

<< < (2/10) > >>

Ralph Turner:
More conference summaries added today.

Contributions and corrections are appreciated.
Thanks to bash 6-4-3 for the corrections on the NCAC. +1!
Apr 19th.  The table should be complete for 2009.

Stump:
GNAC- New England-No divisions- 8 teams- 14 conf games- 7/7 DH Sat & Sun  Tourney Top 6- #6@#3, #5@#4 4/21. Quarterfinals @ #1 & #2 seed 4/23. Semifinals 4/25 @ St. Joe's College. Finals 4/26 @ St. Joe's College

hickory_cornhusker:
Midwest Conference - Central Region - Yes - North/South - 4 Games (Divisional Opponents only) - 16(North)/12(South) - 9/9 DH Sat & 9/9 DH Sun (Sometimes it may be a different combination of weekend days such as Fri & Sat) - Tourney double elimination Top 2 from each division, north division champ hosts this year, south division champ hosts next year

dgilblair:
I'll give it a shot.
LEC

8 team conference with two games against each other (14 conference games per season). Three conference games a week, single games home and away on Fridays or a doubleheader on Saturday, travel I'm sure determines that. Conference tournament at the end of the season with all eight teams involved. 
Sat. May 2nd  little east conference playoffs (best of three)  Site of higher seed     
Sun. May 3rd  little east conference playoffs (best of three)  Site of higher Seed 

Thurs. May 7th    little east tournament (double elimination)  Site of No. 1 seed     
Sat.     May 9th    little east tournament (double elimination)  Site of No. 1 seed 

Ralph Turner:

--- Quote from: DGilblair on April 19, 2009, 11:44:01 am ---I'll give it a shot.
LEC

8 team conference with two games against each other (14 conference games per season). Three conference games a week, single games home and away on Fridays or a doubleheader on Saturday, travel I'm sure determines that. Conference tournament at the end of the season with all eight teams involved. 
Sat. May 2nd  little east conference playoffs (best of three)  Site of higher seed     
Sun. May 3rd  little east conference playoffs (best of three)  Site of higher Seed 

Thurs. May 7th    little east tournament (double elimination)  Site of No. 1 seed     
Sat.     May 9th    little east tournament (double elimination)  Site of No. 1 seed 

--- End quote ---
DG, thanks for the response.  +1!  The weather and grounds postponements sometimes make it hard to figure out the theory behind the schedule.

I have some basic questions.

In conference play, will schools be scheduled to play home and away single games in mid-week in different weeks?  Is the team given 7 home conference games?  Are all games planned as 9-inning games?

(I noticed all of the 7/7 DH's that are played "up north".  It makes sense.)

So the first weekend of the tourney is best 2-of-3, #8 at #1, #7 at #2, etc., and then 4-team double elimination at the highest remaining seed?

Thanks.
As you look at the table, it is interesting how schools get to play schedules in the time of good weather that each has each spring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version