Author Topic: BB: CUNYAC  (Read 12438 times)

Offline LTBB1971

• Starter
  • There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball.
    • View Profile
Re: BB: CUNYAC
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 01:05:19 pm »
2012 season is about to get underway, how does CSI look like?  Any new faces that may contribute right away?

Offline Ralph Turner

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2014, 06:19:57 pm »
CUNYAC gets a Pool A bid for 2014.  Here is the link to the front page.

http://www.d3baseball.com/notables/2014/04/pool-B

Offline D3SportsFan

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 02:25:44 pm »
From the recent article posted on D3baseball.com, what does this mean for the future of the CUNYAC? Will there be a push to add a 7th team since Yeshiva won't be a mainstay? Or will Yeshiva leave the Skyline, and only compete in the CUNYAC?

Offline Ralph Turner

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2014, 11:17:57 pm »
This is pure speculation on my part , but I think that conference pressure to support the conference will push Yeshiva into the Skyline.

The CUNYAC is so close to the Pool A bid.  The conference has not been able to convince another school to add baseball.

I keep asking, why not St Joe's Brooklyn, unless St Joe's may believe that any dancing with the CUNYAC chases away any other suitors.

Offline D3SportsFan

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2014, 09:20:12 am »
I agree St. Joseph's-Brooklyn is an understandable fit with regards to location. I don't know St. Joe's baseball history, but they've had respectable seasons the past 2 years. Would St. Joe's also make the CUNYAC slightly more competitive or stronger, especially in place of Yeshiva?

Offline Jim Dixon

• D3baseball.com Guru
  • Global Moderator
  • All-Region
  • Managing Editor, D3baseball.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »
The New York region is adding more schools playing baseball than anyother region, there might be a school thinking about baseball that might join the CUNYAC.

Offline D3SportsFan

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2014, 02:41:28 pm »
I believe there are 3 colleges between PA and NY that are making the transition to full DIII membership (Valley Forge Christian, SUNY Canton, and Alfred State), but none of which are near NYC. I'll be curious to see which conferences these 3 colleges push to join.

Offline Jim Dixon

• D3baseball.com Guru
  • Global Moderator
  • All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2014, 03:06:04 pm »
I believe there are 3 colleges between PA and NY that are making the transition to full DIII membership (Valley Forge Christian, SUNY Canton, and Alfred State), but none of which are near NYC. I'll be curious to see which conferences these 3 colleges push to join.

I expect Valley Forge to join one of the midatlantic conferences.  Alfred State should look at the Empire 8 to get them a Pool A bid.

Offline D3SportsFan

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2014, 03:16:31 pm »
I agree about Valley Forge Christian (CSAC, NEAC, maybe MAC or Landmark). It will be interesting to see where SUNY Canton (SUNYAC, NEAC) and Alfred State (Empire8, NEAC) end up.

Sarah Lawrence (Bronxville, NY) is independent DIII provisional member, but doesn't offer baseball yet.

Offline Ralph Turner

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2017, 08:29:25 pm »
Finlandia and UMPI are announced as affiliates of the CUNYAC. The CUNYAC has 5 baseball full members. Perhaps the CUNYAC will get a Pool A bid for the 2020 season, if not sooner.

http://www.fulions.com/news/2017/3/20/finlandia-baseball-joins-the-cuny-athletic-conference.aspx?path=baseball

Offline D3SportsFan

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2017, 12:45:57 pm »
Any word on how travel may affect scheduling? It's great to see the CUNYAC adding teams and getting closer to an AQ.

Offline Jim Dixon

• D3baseball.com Guru
  • Global Moderator
  • All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 10:28:54 am »
Any word on how travel may affect scheduling? It's great to see the CUNYAC adding teams and getting closer to an AQ.

It is hard to think they could find two team further away.  Will they do a UAA style tournament in the spring?