Around the East board (ideas, comments, etc.)

Started by dewcrew88, September 16, 2009, 03:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewcrew88

Quote from: TGP on September 02, 2010, 11:28:48 AM
It's our loss Grove - the Crusaders brought a lot to the LL.  Good luck in the CC - it's a great conference.

DC88 - nice overview.  I agree on your game picks, especially the SJF v. Hobart Saturday night lights game on 9/25.

Maybe you can join us on ITH later this year to discuss the East Region in general?

I'd love to join you guys on ITH.

sjfcards

Does anyone know if that Hobart Fisher game is going to be on TV? I can't wait for that one but I don't think I can make it up that weekend.
GO FISHER!!!

labart96

Quote from: sjfcards on September 04, 2010, 07:58:58 AM
Does anyone know if that Hobart Fisher game is going to be on TV? I can't wait for that one but I don't think I can make it up that weekend.

Haven't heard but wouldn't be surprised if TW or some local network picked it up. 

theoriginalupstate

dewcrew88

dlippiel

dlip just loves ATE! Great article this week Dew, what a ride we are on in the east this year.

HSCTiger74

I wasn't really sure where to post this, since there doesn't seem to be a TCCC board, but Selena Roberts has a nice article/column about Anna Maria's efforts to build their football program on the Point After page of the Oct. 25 Sports Illustrated.
TANSTAAFL

Pat Coleman

The CCC doesn't play football. Anna Maria plays in the ECFC.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Pat Coleman

I'm re-awakening the board to introduce our new Around the East writer, Andrew Lovell. His first column will be posted this evening. Andrew is an Ithaca grad, has written for Kickoff and works at ESPN.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

K-Mack

I kept looking at the picture of Dom Sair -- really good story, btw, Andrew -- and wondering how he could be related to Stef Sair, who I definitely met a few years ago face to face and does not look like his brother in build, skin tone, etc. ... but how many Sairs could there be?

Anyway, I see the resemblance now, but it took me a while. Also I'm traditionally horrible at seeing the resemblance in anyone.

This is a pretty terrible way of me saying I am enjoying the columns so far this year.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

AUKaz00

The Cardinals entered Saturday's game having won 17 consecutive games against colleges in New York State.

Pep will be glad to know that he can continue his Rodney Dangerfield impression even if the Saxons are getting some national exposure!
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

pumkinattack

Hey Pep/Kaz,

How about around the east discussing the teams in the top 25 and also discussing teams not ranked, but receiving votes who's totals changed (Cortland, Fisher), and yet somehow Hobart was not mentioned as joining the ranked teams. 

Maybe I should be happy that Hobart's flying totally under the radar with everyone, but I'm feeling like a remake of "back to school" is playing out. 

Top 25 glance: Salisbury keeps climbing, Alfred takes a tumble
Only three of the five teams ranked in last week's D3football.com Top 25 poll won this past weekend. The two that lost -- Kean and Alfred -- saw significant falls in the Week 7 poll.

Kean fell from No. 10 to No. 19, while Alfred plummeted from No. 23 to unranked with receiving a single vote.

Montclair State (No. 11 to No. 9), Delaware Valley (No. 14 to No. 13) and Salisbury (No. 18 to No. 14) all saw rises in their rankings. Cortland and Lebanon Valley remained just outside the top 25, while St. John Fisher and Rowan also picked up a few votes.

AUPepBand

Quote from: pumkinattack on October 19, 2011, 09:28:16 PM
Hey Pep/Kaz,

How about around the east discussing the teams in the top 25 and also discussing teams not ranked, but receiving votes who's totals changed (Cortland, Fisher), and yet somehow Hobart was not mentioned as joining the ranked teams. 

Maybe I should be happy that Hobart's flying totally under the radar with everyone, but I'm feeling like a remake of "back to school" is playing out. 

Top 25 glance: Salisbury keeps climbing, Alfred takes a tumble
Only three of the five teams ranked in last week's D3football.com Top 25 poll won this past weekend. The two that lost -- Kean and Alfred -- saw significant falls in the Week 7 poll.

Kean fell from No. 10 to No. 19, while Alfred plummeted from No. 23 to unranked with receiving a single vote.

Montclair State (No. 11 to No. 9), Delaware Valley (No. 14 to No. 13) and Salisbury (No. 18 to No. 14) all saw rises in their rankings. Cortland and Lebanon Valley remained just outside the top 25, while St. John Fisher and Rowan also picked up a few votes.

Pep has been pleased by Lovell's thoroughness in his Around the East column. He's doing a great job. Pep thinks he missed on Hobart's entry into the coveted Top 25, likely overlooked because Hobart didn't have a game on Oct. 15. But no need for Pep to speculate. Pep suggests PA contact Lovell. Any team's entry into the Top 25 should be acknowledged.

Pep has always preferred to have his Saxons flying "under the radar" but after Saterday's debacle, Pep is hereby declaring the Saxons "grounded" until further notice. Pep is thinking AU's quick start was carry-over from a nice 2010 playoff run but as the season wore on, weaknesses were exposed and duly exploited by the competition. Suffice it to say, tomorrow is another day. Pep is hoping his Saxons can regroup, get the wheels back on the bandwagon and get back on the highway.

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

dlippiel

Dude that write up on the Cortland player literally brought dlip to tears. What a great story. With a 3 yr old girl and another girl on the way in 2 Weeks dlip really appreciated that story, thanks A.L.

ITH radio

Hear, hear.  Great work in ATE all season.  Amazing story that should be picked up by other national sports and newspapers. 
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle