Author Topic: Postseason  (Read 33706 times)

WLCALUM83

Re: Postseason
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2009, 09:43:21 pm »
This poster seconds that! (I wonder how happy Wydown Blvd is with that result.  .  . )

OshDude

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2009, 10:06:45 pm »
Congratulations Bears for bringing home No. 10.
Grats to you and yours, WUH. Nothing was easy in Wash U's road. Carthage, Colorado, Hope, Juniata ... the Bears definitely earned it. And they only lose two players next year, although those two are/were pretty important. But we may have to get used to seeing Wash U in the finals. Like we weren't already, but ...

(Bummer that Oshkosh and Wash U didn't play each other this year EDIT: play each other at all, not in the finals, although I would have been all right with that. Would like to have seen that matchup once this year)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:11:11 pm by OshDude »

Offline WUPHF

• All-American
  • Bowling alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2009, 12:24:39 am »
Oshdude: thanks for the congratulations and again thanks for the online guide.  Maybe our teams will cross paths in a tournament next year.

If you are still looking for a Sports Information Directors job as it indicates on the blog, keep trying because your writing is good.  And, if you do not have a lot of luck quickly, consider a graduate program in Journalism or Educational Administration.  A lot of athletic departments offer graduate assistantships (free tuition and a stipend).  You will find something.

Talk to you next year!

OshDude

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2009, 10:11:12 am »
Oshdude: thanks for the congratulations and again thanks for the online guide.  Maybe our teams will cross paths in a tournament next year.

If you are still looking for a Sports Information Directors job as it indicates on the blog, keep trying because your writing is good.  And, if you do not have a lot of luck quickly, consider a graduate program in Journalism or Educational Administration.  A lot of athletic departments offer graduate assistantships (free tuition and a stipend).  You will find something.

Talk to you next year!
Funny you mention that last bit. My plan is to head back to school within the next year or two in one of those two ways.

The newspaper market is pretty crazy, but I'm stubborn enough to wait awhile longer. If huge, influential papers like the ones in San Francisco and Newark are on the brink, it's about time I move along. It's frustrating having only my little sites that don't allow me the resources to do more in-depth stuff. So the sites look like what they are: something I do in my spare time to satisfy my need to write and do nerdy compilation stuff. Writing the occasional story for local papers, a national mag and one of the sites in the D3sports.com network is fun. But a full-time sports job sounds a bit better. SID work seems appealing. I hope to find out whether it is.

Offline Wydown Blvd.

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2009, 01:41:55 am »
WLCALUM83 thanks for the shout out a while back... :)
Definitely happy to bring another banner to the WUSTL Fieldhouse.
Sidenote: The season was very similar to the 2007 season when the Bears won the championship. Ups and downs throughout the year, at times not executing like best team out there, always had an athlete for an outside hitter (Alberts in 07 and Budde in 09), consistency at middle hitter, losing the UAA conference championship, the list of similarities goes on and on.

One of the best parts for WashU fans is they only graduate 2 seniors!

OshDude

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2010, 10:30:13 am »
Not D-III related but Oshkosh is hosting "The best kept secret in volleyball," The Waupaca Boatride Tournament at the Country USA grounds.

It's a two-day (7/9-10, but play on 7/10 only) event featuring coed grass 4s, men's/women's grass 3s, junior boy's/girl's 4s and men's/women's sand doubles. Oh, and there's beer/beverages and music included in the entry;). Many camp out at one of the sites right on the grounds. It's quite a sight. Plus, there are cash and merch prizes.

A lot of WIAC players men and women routinely play and place in the many divisions. Organizers are expecting about 725 teams this year.

http://www.waupacaboatride.com/

OshDude

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2011, 12:25:38 am »
If anyone cares what I think, about six hours ago I posted my projected field of 64 along with regional hosts. Mouse that hyperlink or mouse the globe next to my handle for that and the other D-III volleyball stuff I do.

Offline Captain Bob

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2011, 04:31:11 pm »

OshDude

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2011, 07:39:53 pm »
A Washington-St. Louis Regional Guide is up for anyone who's interested in such things.

The Calvin and Moorhead Guides are delayed until tomorrow due to needing five all-conference teams.

OshDude

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2011, 02:51:54 pm »
The Calvin and Concordia-Moorhead Regional Guides are up, if that's something that interests you.

OshDude

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2011, 07:50:42 pm »
A championship poll and the 2011 Nationals Guide have been posted.

Offline Captain Bob

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 06:13:12 pm »
I'm here in St. Louis and was thrilled to see my Captains take the first game of the national quarterfinals 3-1 over SUNY-Cortland. Anyone else make the trip to support their school?

OshDude

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2011, 11:53:16 pm »
Congrats to Witt. Great team.

A recap was posted minutes after the match in you're interested.

WLCALUM83

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2012, 04:54:19 pm »
Early 11/3/2012 D3 VB AQ's:

Midwest Conference:  Cornell  (per Twitter)
CCIW:  Elmhurst  (per Twitter)
OAC:  Otterbein
TCCC:  Roger Williams
WIAC:  UW-Eau Claire

1 other development:  Top seed in the E8 tournament was upset today (per Twitter)..  IMHO, Mt. Union, UW-Stevens Pt. and Hope get in. Randolph-Macon?? Not sure.

More AQ's in:

MIAA:  Calvin
ASC:    Hardin-Simmons
NAthCon:  Benedictine
Landmark:  Juniata
ODAC:     Washington & Lee
IIAC:  Wartburg
NCAC:  Wittenberg

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:29:08 pm by WLCALUM83 »

OshDude

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2012, 12:51:26 am »
Don't want to be redundant, but due to a quirky conference safety net, Mount Union is the AQ in the OAC.

While I'm here, check out my D-III women's volleyball blog. Please.