Author Topic: 2010 regional winners?  (Read 12857 times)

Offline RSSmith

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 regional winners?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2010, 10:04:37 am »
^^^ here ya go RSS...the NCAA has a nice little website with all the brackets.  At least they did something right this year :)

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/051710aae.html

Thanks!!!
A walk is never as good as a hit!

Offline RSSmith

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2010, 04:29:14 pm »
Central:  North Central (IL), because they lost 4 of their last 6 and got it out of their system.
Mid-Atlantic:  Hopkins, because Iím a homer!
Mideast:  Wooster, because I teach with an alum, and we really want a Wooster-JHU matchup in Appleton.
Midwest:  St. Scholastica, because a saint should win and CSS is way overdue to beat St. Thomas.
New England: Tufts, because Gilchrist is the best #3 pitcher in the regional.
New York:  Cortland, because I ranked on them early in the season and they proved me wrong.
South: Salisbury, because (if they can get by LaGrange) they have the pitching to get to Saturday.
West: Chapman, because it came up tails.

I won't embarrass myself further by predicting the runners up.

"...because it came up tails"?
You gotta get yourself another coin!   :D

You have to remember that I'm a Hopkins homer--I'm used to coming up through the losers' bracket.

Let's see.  Wooster two and 'cue.  North Central two and 'cue.  St. Scholastica two and 'cue.  Hmmmmmmmmm!  I'm going back to Doc's coin theory.  Salisbury, I'm really sorry, but it looks like you may be next.

Offline RSSmith

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2010, 10:40:19 am »
Central:  North Central (IL), because they lost 4 of their last 6 and got it out of their system.
Mid-Atlantic:  Hopkins, because Iím a homer!
Mideast:  Wooster, because I teach with an alum, and we really want a Wooster-JHU matchup in Appleton.
Midwest:  St. Scholastica, because a saint should win and CSS is way overdue to beat St. Thomas.
New England: Tufts, because Gilchrist is the best #3 pitcher in the regional.
New York:  Cortland, because I ranked on them early in the season and they proved me wrong.
South: Salisbury, because (if they can get by LaGrange) they have the pitching to get to Saturday.
West: Chapman, because it came up tails.

I won't embarrass myself further by predicting the runners up.

"...because it came up tails"?
You gotta get yourself another coin!   :D

You have to remember that I'm a Hopkins homer--I'm used to coming up through the losers' bracket.

Let's see.  Wooster two and 'cue.  North Central two and 'cue.  St. Scholastica two and 'cue.  Hmmmmmmmmm!  I'm going back to Doc's coin theory.  Salisbury, I'm really sorry, but it looks like you may be next.

I lost K for this?

Offline Just Bill

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2010, 10:46:10 am »
You've got 500+ posts and probably 100+ in the last two weeks, but you're sure it was THIS post cost you Karma?
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Offline RSSmith

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2010, 10:48:01 am »
You've got 500+ posts and probably 100+ in the last two weeks, but you're sure it was THIS post cost you Karma?

I guess you're right.  I thought I was pretty harmless so far.  :)

Offline ECSUalum

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2010, 11:27:33 am »

I guess you're right.  I thought I was pretty harmless so far.  :)

Hey RSSmith,

The Blue Jays are really looking nasty now, and hopefully without jinksing them, look to be filthy in Wisconsin.

Here is your +k back for all the great info and stats provided this year, very much appreciated.

Will be rooting for JHU and UMB going forward 8-)

Offline Gramps

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2010, 09:36:18 pm »
Mid-East winner is Heidelberg over Marietta, 6-2.
See you all in Grand Chute.

Offline Mr. Ypsi

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2010, 12:19:12 am »
Since no scoring system was specified in the pickems it is hard to say, but I think I must be doing pretty well.  One or more of my top two finished in the top two in all 8 regions.

I picked the winner in New York (Cortland) and the West (Linfield).  In the Midwest, my #1 placed #2 (UWW).  In New England, my #2 finished #2 (Tufts).  In the Midwest (Heidi and Marietta) and South (Salisbury and Shenandoah), my #1 was #2 AND my #2 was #1.  And tomorrow I've got both JHU (#1) and Kean (#2) in the Mid-Atlantic and IWU (#1) in the Central.

So how IS this contest scored, anyway?! :D