Author Topic: BB: Predictions of who will win the 2010 Division III National Championship  (Read 12908 times)

Offline godfather

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile

its cortland state time to win i am not up to date on the other teams but i feel its their time call it a hunch or prove it by numbers i think its not the very best team they ever had but i think they have what it will take good chemistry, sound fundamentals and their time to win it all i hope i am right

pickleshiner

I'll take UWSP and unfortunately for you Cortland plays them first round.  Point is on a roll and plays top competition during the season which will give them the advantage.  They have 2 great pitchers to choose from in Delorit and Williams.  It's not going to be easy I know Cortland can hit but I think Point's sticks will hit whoever Cortland puts out there.

Offline d3baseballnut

• Starter
    • View Profile
I like UWSP over Cortland St. in the first round. My complete predictions are on the threat of the division 3 world series

Offline rob

• Starter
    • View Profile
Go Cortland!
Cortland has heart, great chemistry, talent.
Playing 7 of the best in the country, will it be enough?  Maybe...

Offline HALLEBASEBALL

• Second-stringer
  • ITS A SIMPLE GAME
    • View Profile
Hello all

Winning the RING oh what I know after ten years folloeing D3 Baseball. Its a Very Very special and a Very Very  BHard thing not only to predict but to win. Being a Chapman Booster I can say its not about the best team its about the team that has a little Baseball God looking out for them.  Its about 8 great teams playing a winner take all (the Ring) . After seeing Chapman make the Championship for 7 out of the last ten years The Ring has gone up in Value. I respect all Champions as do I respect The 2003 Team from Chapman the best team dosnt always win. However thats not what the ring is about its about taking advantage of the oppertunity that the NCAA has given our kids . Today I called my son and asked him what does that ring mean now. He said its the most valued possision other then his family. Its not given its earned by some great students great coaching great parenting and a whole lot of Baseball Luck.  Playing the game the right way and some breaks. I remember 03 Timm got sick the weather was as if we were in So Cal a baseball god break. I remenber 05 rain delays hurt our ability to compete Baseball gods luck to the cold weather teams.. Be proud and thank God you get the oppertunity to win the RING. Good luck to all of the teams that earned the right to win THE RING.

Offline Heat23

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
I am going to take Shenandoah over JH in the final game

OshDude

Linfield over Heidelberg.

Offline wordsmith

• All-Conference
  • Ryan Day Era Begins
    • View Profile
Johns Hopkins over The Berg
Word

Offline BigPoppa

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Carthage Baseball
I'll take Chapman over St. Thomas! Wait.... what? I thought they were both always there?!

I'll take JHU over Linfield. Sorry, Gramps. If the Berg loses the opener to JHU. I think it will be tough to fight back through the loser's bracket.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Offline Jim Dixon

• D3baseball.com Guru
  • Global Moderator
  • All-Region
  • Managing Editor, D3baseball.com
    • View Profile
Linfield over Johns Hopkins.

The Blue Jays have a team that can beat you with pitching and if they run lose in the losers bracket, they will be able to score with the best of them.  It is defense that is the best predictor of performance and Linfield is very good on that throw, catch routine.

Never discount Heidelberg or Cortland either as they can easily be there.  Heidelberg has the stars and Cortland is a solid team with a deep pitching staff.  Few great players but a lot of real good one.

Offline Ralph Turner

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile

I agree.  I think that UMB and IWU are the first two eliminated.

Offline BigPoppa

• All-American
    • View Profile
    • Carthage Baseball
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Offline CrashDavisD3

• All-American
  • If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score
    • View Profile
    • Crash Davis in Action

The Blue Jays have a team that can beat you with pitching and if they run lose in the losers bracket, they will be able to score with the best of them.  It is defense that is the best predictor of performance and Linfield is very good on that throw, catch routine.

Never discount Heidelberg or Cortland either as they can easily be there.  Heidelberg has the stars and Cortland is a solid team with a deep pitching staff.  Few great players but a lot of real good one.

I also take Linfield over JHU but it will take 2 games on the Final Day. UMB will be the first ones out with 2 and BBQ...
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

Offline fouriscosmic

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
If it takes two games, let's hope it doesn't end with 3 walks.

Offline godfather

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
          sorry karma i will do better next time it is called rushing your message but still i hope you did get the message go cortland!!!!!!!