Division III volleyball > Women's volleyball discussion

2010 D3 Volleyball Tournament Regionals

(1/3) > >>

WLCALUM83:
Comments on any action taking place 1n all regionals -- (combining everything into one topic this season).

Will anyone pull off any upsets today? 

Developing. . . . 

WUPHF:
I am focused on the Carthage College regional which will be streaming each match online: http://athletics.carthage.edu/sports/2010/11/4/Womens%20Volleyball_1104103011.aspx

And, here is my prediction for an upset: Dominican over UW-Platteville.

Nothing against Platteville, though.  My prediction is based on the fact that I know a player at Dominican and I would like to see her and the team advance a round.

WLCALUM83:
Wittenberg Regional:

All the higher seeds advanced-- only Heidelberg was taken to a 4th set today.

WUPHF:
In the Carthage Regional, Wartburg defeated Wisconsin-Whitewater in three while Washington University made quick work of Beloit.

Wisconsin-Platteville has Dominican on the ropes, leading 2-0 and up in the third.

WLCALUM83:
Wittenberg update:

#4 seed Calvin upset #1 seed Heidleberg
It'll be a Calvin/Wittenberg final tomorrow night.

Carthage:  Dominican gets knocked off  :'( 5 seed beats 4 (UW-Whitewater & UW-Oshkosh both eliminated)

New York U:  All higher seeds won, though Stevens was taken to 5 by 7th seeded Johnson & Wales

CNU:  Higher seeds moved on.

Frostburg St.:  One match went to 5 (Case W R pushed Cortland State to the limit before losing. Juniata, Frostburg State and Lebanon Valley also advance.

Emory:  Host school, Southwestern, TX, Cal Lutheran and W&L advance,.

St. Thomas:  Host, UW-Eau Claire, St. Olaf and Whitworth advance.

Springfield:  #4 seed Tufts was knocked off, other 3 higher seeds won.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version