Division III volleyball > Women's volleyball discussion

2010 D3 Volleyball Tournament Regionals

<< < (2/3) > >>

WUPHF:
I am following the Carthage regional via live stats because the web feed is non-functional.  While I am at it, I am taking the time to read the latest on my favorite Division III volleyball blog: http://uwoshvball.wordpress.com/

Washington University and Wartburg were back and forth early, but Wartburg began to build a lead late in the first.  WUSTL rallied from a 17-22 deficit to win 25-23.  Good work, ladies.

Wartburg wins the second, 25-22.

15-15 in the third.  Hectic.

15-18, Washington University with three straight.

17-21, Wartburg forced to take a timeout.  Marilee Fisher is my hero.

19-25, Washington University wins the third.  I did get to watch a few plays on the live feed.

12-20 in the fourth, Washington University is wearing down Wartburg.

And, the crowd of one goes wild.  Washington University takes the match with a 14-25 win in the fourth.

WLCALUM83:
Wittenberg update:

Calvin punches its ticket to the finals, taking Wittenberg in 4
        (25-23. 25-21, 20-25, 25-23)

WLCALUM83:
Other regionals:

It'll be an all-MIAC final at St. Thomas, with the host taking on St. Olaf.

Springfield-MA and UMass-Boston will meet in another final (Beacons upset top seed Amherst today.)

Chris. Newport:  Captains will play Randolph Macon in tomorrow's final. Eastern took CNU to 5 before losing.

New York U:  The host school will take on Stevens in this final.

Emory:  Emory will take on Cal Lutheran for this title.

Frostburg State:  Hosts needed 5 to knock off Cortland State.  It'll be a Juniata/Frostburg State final here.

WUPHF:
The regional final in Carthage has been set as Wisconsin-Platteville downed Carthage 3-0 to earn a rematch with Washington University.  The Bears played Wisconsin-Platteville early in the season at home, dropping a close set before winning the next three and the match.

WLCALUM83:

--- Quote from: WUH on November 13, 2010, 06:03:34 pm ---I am following the Carthage regional via live stats because the web feed is non-functional.  While I am at it, I am taking the time to read the latest on my favorite Division III volleyball blog: http://uwoshvball.wordpress.com/

Washington University and Wartburg were back and forth early, but Wartburg began to build a lead late in the first.  WUSTL rallied from a 17-22 deficit to win 25-23.  Good work, ladies.

Wartburg wins the second, 25-22.

15-15 in the third.  Hectic.

15-18, Washington University with three straight.

17-21, Wartburg forced to take a timeout.  Marilee Fisher is my hero.

19-25, Washington University wins the third.  I did get to watch a few plays on the live feed.

12-20 in the fourth, Washington University is wearing down Wartburg.

And, the crowd of one goes wild.  Washington University takes the match with a 14-25 win in the fourth.

--- End quote ---

WUH-- that "crowd of one" can always pass for "sitting room only" when its' in front of a home computer-- you could even do "the wave" and the world wouldn't notice!   :) ;) :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version