Posting Up (Division III basketball) > Great Lakes Region

NCAC

(1/150) > >>

David Collinge:
That's a shame, Misc.  I hope Oberlin is able to round up some more players and get through the season.  

On the brighter side, Hiram's women opened their season with two convincing wins.  I don't know anything about the strength of their opposition (Wilson and Trinity of DC), but two wins for the team picked to finish 9th is definitely a good start.  Allegheny (vs. Alfred & Marietta) and Kenyon (Anderson and ONU) also opened their campaigns 2-0 this weekend.  Everyone else (except the Yeowomen) opened up spitting a pair.

On the strength of their performance in the Nan Nichols Classic, Albion enters the top 25 poll at #24 this week.  No NCAC teams received any votes again this week.

Miscellaneous:
Wow, go Hiram.  I've seen them play against the Lady Crimson quite a few times and they've never put up any type of fight.  It'll be nice to see a fresh team fighting for some top place honors.  Hopefully Hiram can keep the momentum going.

David Collinge:
Kenyon moves to 3-0, defeating Bethany 66-46 tonight.  Way to go, Ladies!  

Defending champion Wittenberg drops to 1-2 with a 72-62 loss to defending OAC champ Baldwin-Wallace.

Washington & Jefferson upends Allegheny 57-54.  I saw W&J play this weekend against Pitt-Bradford (unfortunately I missed their loss to Albion).  They have a dominating player in Leigh Sulkowski, but otherwise they looked less than their preseason ranking (#25) would suggest.  It would have been a nice win for the Gators, however.  Allegheny falls to 2-1.

Denison downs Thiel 65-43 to run their record to 2-1.

David Collinge:
Misc., and anyone else who might be lurking out there (especially you, Witt4Ever), I'm headed out of town for the holiday and don't plan to be posting until next Monday at the earliest.  So good luck to all NCAC teams this week, and have a happy, healthy, hearty Thanksgiving my friend(s)!

Pat Coleman:
Wilson was ranked 404 out of 411 last year in the Massey Ratings. Trinity DC was 379.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version