Author Topic: WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin  (Read 755404 times)

Offline iwumichigander

• All-Region
    • View Profile
Re: WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin
« Reply #6615 on: March 12, 2018, 11:09:24 pm »
Congratulations to Coach Olivia Lett!!!  Nice to have her back in the CCIW. 

Offline iwu70

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: March 13, 2018, 03:15:01 am »
Well, Greg, Olivia Lett did have a pretty special year with IWU that time.  Something surely worth "gushing" over.  However, I don't remember saying all that much about Olivia either . . . but maybe you can dig up all the archives and show us how we were loyal Titan fans, singing the praises of one of the top players in the history of the program.  That would be news.  LOL.

Season over, great seasons by WC and IWU.  Wish both could have gone further in the tournament -- IWU running into a good Trine team two years in a row.  Wartburg must be awfully good to take out, take apart Trine so easily in the next round.

It should be a great Final Four, esp. if the two undefeated teams reach the Championship game.

I'm done for this go 'round.  It's off to softball, baseball and other summer travel and interests.  I'll check in from time-to-time to see the recruiting news.

Zaijian!

IWU'70

Offline badgerwarhawk

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: March 13, 2018, 09:46:47 am »
Admittedly my exposure to Lett was limited but she was one of the best collegiate women players that I've ever seen.  She had serious game. It was fun to watch even when it beat you.  Good luck to her in her new endeavor.

Sorry if this sounds gushing Greg.   ;)
WARHAWKS,WARHAWKS,WARHAWKS

"He may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot.  But don't let that fool you.  He really is an idiot"...Groucho Marx

Offline Gregory Sager

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • North Park Vikings: Nat'l champs, 1978-79-80-85-87
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: March 13, 2018, 11:04:40 am »
Come on, guys. You two went on about her endlessly, even after she stopped playing. And, no, I'm not going to spend the morning delving into the archives over this in order to mine quotes; I've got better things to do.

Admittedly my exposure to Lett was limited but she was one of the best collegiate women players that I've ever seen.  She had serious game. It was fun to watch even when it beat you.  Good luck to her in her new endeavor.

Sorry if this sounds gushing Greg.   ;)

It makes no difference to me, BW, as you weren't in constant Lett-lauding mode in this room in the past. Probably had something to do with you being this, rather than this. ;)
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.. -- John Wooden

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Offline Gregory Sager

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: March 13, 2018, 04:54:17 pm »
Thanks, Pat. You've allowed me to find the post that I would've used had I cared to spend all morning looking for it:

Actually, neither Mark or I has talked about Olivia Lett beyond what naturally fit into the discussion.

Not true, Chuck. I went back and counted. ;) Nine mentions of her in this room over the past six weeks prior to the current discussion, seven of them by the two of you -- and most of those seven mentions quite definitely shoehorned her into the post.

Tell you what: You guys stop talking about IWU's assistant coaches, I won't mention NPU's Lauren Rosengarden, Shanice Sadler, or Erin Cepa, and we'll call it even. :D

;)
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.. -- John Wooden

Offline RogK

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: March 13, 2018, 05:43:37 pm »
Congrats to three CCIW players honored yesterday :
D3Hoops all-Central Region 1st team -- Rebekah Ehresman and Mikaela Eppard; 2nd team -- Hannah Frazier

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
« Reply #6622 on: March 13, 2018, 06:42:14 pm »
Thanks, Pat. You've allowed me to find the post that I would've used had I cared to spend all morning looking for it:

Actually, neither Mark or I has talked about Olivia Lett beyond what naturally fit into the discussion.

Not true, Chuck. I went back and counted. ;) Nine mentions of her in this room over the past six weeks prior to the current discussion, seven of them by the two of you -- and most of those seven mentions quite definitely shoehorned her into the post.

Tell you what: You guys stop talking about IWU's assistant coaches, I won't mention NPU's Lauren Rosengarden, Shanice Sadler, or Erin Cepa, and we'll call it even. :D

;)

Google found it for me in like two minutes. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Offline Gregory Sager

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: March 13, 2018, 10:15:21 pm »
Two minutes more than I was willing to put into it. ;)

Offline RogK

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: March 13, 2018, 10:57:23 pm »
The combined W-L record of the four remaining NCAA tourney teams is an extraordinarily superb 120-3.
Yet, three of those teams will combine for a 1 win, 3 loss weekend.
And consider that seven of the nine CCIW teams finished their season with a loss. Only Millikin and Augustana ended things on a winning note.
Think about that for 8 seconds.

Offline Mr. Ypsi

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: March 17, 2018, 12:17:58 am »

;)

OK, so I exceeded the 1 year limitation of the national title and POY, but was well within the hiring time-limit.  Did any of the NPU assistants have national title rings or make national POY?

I still congratulate Olivia Lett on her appointment as Millikin HC, unless that seems to much like gushing to you. :P

Offline iwu70

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: March 17, 2018, 07:18:38 am »
Undefeated Amherst vs. Bowdoin, from their same league, for the national championship.  Was surprised how easily Bowdoin took apart undefeated Wartburg. 

May the best team win . . . Amherst won by 4 in a previous match up earlier in the year, on their home floor. 

IWU'70

Offline GoPerry

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: March 17, 2018, 09:55:37 pm »
Congratulations to Rebekah Ehresman (name spelled wrong) on her D3 Hoops All American Honorable Mention. 

http://d3hoops.com/awards/all-americans/women/2018

Offline Mr. Ypsi

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: March 17, 2018, 10:22:41 pm »
Undefeated Amherst vs. Bowdoin, from their same league, for the national championship.  Was surprised how easily Bowdoin took apart undefeated Wartburg. 

May the best team win . . . Amherst won by 4 in a previous match up earlier in the year, on their home floor. 

IWU'70

It was a GREAT game for 27 minutes, then Amherst put it into another gear - Bowdoin didn't score a single point for the next 11 minutes!  Amherst has now won two consecutive undefeated national titles.

Offline RogK

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: March 18, 2018, 10:50:28 am »
Amherst's coach has to be getting some good D1 offers; nothing more for him to prove in D3.