Author Topic: WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin  (Read 766740 times)

Offline lmitzel

• Starter
  • PA Voice of North Central Basketball
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Sportscaster
Re: WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin
« Reply #6690 on: May 18, 2018, 10:35:17 am »
Not knowing how much I'm at liberty to share I don't want to delve into too deep of detail, but I can say it was her call. She told the team earlier this week, and before bringing it up to me she said she wasn't sure if I'd heard or not, so I guess it's out there to some degree. I didn't see it coming, not after how excited she seemed about the incoming recruits.

I do know that they're going to be undertaking a nationwide search for a new coach. Michelle was hired in June of 2010, so it's not like there isn't precedent here for a summer hire.

The alertness of those keeping score or broadcasting or refereeing was fully tested, too!

And this is why the phrase "Wholesale line change for the Cardinals" became part of my lexicon for five years. :)

Offline RogK

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: May 18, 2018, 05:31:25 pm »
Doug Porter is returning to the NAIA, following a season with Wheaton (and five at NCC) :
http://www.judsoneagles.com/article/3783.php
Good luck to him at his new gig!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:34:26 pm by RogK »

Offline RogK

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: May 21, 2018, 11:31:09 am »
the '18-'19 Carthage schedule is here :
http://athletics.carthage.edu/schedule.aspx?path=wbball

Offline gordonmann

• D3sports.com Guru
  • All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: May 22, 2018, 03:42:24 pm »
We have a really good field of teams for the D3hoops.com Classic. Glad the Lady Reds are part of it.

Offline lmitzel

• Starter
    • View Profile

Offline lmitzel

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: June 12, 2018, 10:28:06 am »
North Central's schedule for 2018-19 is out.

Much like the 2016-17 campaign the Cardinals are only playing nine home games, with the opener coming on Saturday, November 10th against Knox. They're playing in two tournaments, one Thanksgiving weekend at Wilmington College in Ohio and at Wartburg College's Holiday Tournament the week after Christmas. Other non-con's include the trip up Maple to play Benedictine, road swings of home-and-homes with UW-Stevens Point and Dubuque, and a trip to St. Mary's (IN).

I continue to be bummed about the lack of home non-conference games, but I think some home dates are planned for the following year to help balance it out.

Offline RogK

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: June 13, 2018, 11:29:34 am »
The Judson (NAIA) site no longer shows the Doug Porter announcement, so that deal may be off. Something to do with the Singapore meeting, I think.

Offline lmitzel

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: June 13, 2018, 11:58:51 am »
The Judson (NAIA) site no longer shows the Doug Porter announcement, so that deal may be off. Something to do with the Singapore meeting, I think.

Looks like Doug will return to Wheaton for the 2018-19 campaign, Singapore-related or not. :P

I'd gotten a little excited that he might have been a candidate for the NCC job for a minute to relive the glory System days, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Offline GoPerry

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: June 19, 2018, 09:26:14 am »

Offline AndOne

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: June 23, 2018, 06:15:18 pm »
So I just got a bombshell dropped on me: Michelle Roof is leaving North Central, I believe effective end of next week.

Wow. Any details you can share as to why, Lucas? And, given the late date, does this mean that Mark Youngs will take over next year as interim head coach, or will NCC go through the hiring process right now and install a new head coach over the summer?
Not knowing how much I'm at liberty to share I don't want to delve into too deep of detail, but I can say it was her call. She told the team earlier this week, and before bringing it up to me she said she wasn't sure if I'd heard or not, so I guess it's out there to some degree. I didn't see it coming, not after how excited she seemed about the incoming recruits.

I do know that they're going to be undertaking a nationwide search for a new coach. Michelle was hired in June of 2010, so it's not like there isn't precedent here for a summer hire.

Mark Youngs will undoubtedly not be taking over any position at North Central. 😯
Youngs has become an assistant women’s coach at D1 Austin Peay.
Accordingly, NCC is currently looking for both a new head coach, and top assistant. 🏀 🏀
You don't always have to win every game. You just have to win the right ones. (AndOne)

There ain't no good guys, there ain't no bad guys-----there's only you and me, and we just disagree.
(Dave Mason)

You gotta lose to know how to win. (Aerosmith)

So who's the hunter 🐅, ........and who's the game 🐃? (Scandal)

Offline gordonmann

• D3sports.com Guru
  • All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: June 24, 2018, 10:28:40 pm »
Olivia Lett joined us for this month's Around the Nation podcast to talk about her time playing professionally in Spain, the transition to head coach at Millikin and her approach to recruiting. You can listen to our conversation here:

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/06/atn-lett-toomey

Offline RogK

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: July 10, 2018, 10:34:54 am »
If any CCIW WBB teams must engage in some stupid team-bonding activities, stay out of caves.

Offline lmitzel

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: July 16, 2018, 02:29:53 pm »

Offline Gregory Sager

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • North Park Vikings: Nat'l champs, 1978-79-80-85-87
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: July 16, 2018, 03:43:00 pm »
North Park added another 5'8 multi-position player, as Lauren Lee from Glenbard North is enrolling at NPU.

http://basketball.dailyherald.com/article/20161117/sports/161118954/

She'll be reunited with her former Panthers teammate Zakiya Newsome as a Viking.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful..” -- John Wooden

Offline RogK

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: July 16, 2018, 11:34:03 pm »
Congrats to Maggie McCloskey-Bax! Her time serving with Coach Bernero should enable her to "hit the ground running."
My guess is that no one from the 2017-18 Cardinals roster has a guaranteed spot for '18-'19. Hardly any of the potential returnees were consistently productive. Lyndsay Brennan may be the most reliable returning player. Who else comes to mind, lmitzel?
Many players have potential for some improvement. Interesting newcomers are expected, as well.