Author Topic: D3baseball.com: Around the Nation  (Read 20152 times)

Offline Big Louie

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
Re: Around the Nation
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2013, 02:21:46 pm »
Ricky,

Again awesome column!! Any answers to why there will be 4 pool B bids and 14 pool C bids this year?? The D3baseball landscape seems to be moving away from the independent conferences in the past several years. Just seems odd that we are back to 4 pool B's this year after only have 2 Pool B's a year ago.

Offline Bishopleftiesdad

• All-Region
  • Battling Bishops
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2013, 04:10:09 pm »
Are there any new independents this year? As I understood the article that is the only way the bids would change. If it just math as they say.

OshDude

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2013, 05:48:44 pm »
Ricky,

Again awesome column!! Any answers to why there will be 4 pool B bids and 14 pool C bids this year?? The D3baseball landscape seems to be moving away from the independent conferences in the past several years. Just seems odd that we are back to 4 pool B's this year after only have 2 Pool B's a year ago.
I asked a couple of different ways, trying to get the answer that is, "The newly formed SAA." Once the SAA gets its AQ, we'll be back to where we were or perhaps down to one Pool B.

The Pool B teams in 2013 that the NCAA provided. Needless to say, we found numerous errors.
Central: Chicago, Washington-St. Louis, Nebraska Wesleyan.
Mid-Atlantic: Baptist Bible, Lancaster Bible.
Mideast: Case Western Reserve, Finlandia.
Midwest: Baptist Bible.
New England: Brandeis, Castleton State, Colby-Sawyer, Husson, Lyndon State, New England College, Thomas College, Maine-Farmington, Maine-Presque Isle.
New York: Baruch, City College of New York, Ithaca, John Jay, Lehman, St. John Fisher, Staten Island, Stevens, Utica.
South: Berry, Birmingham-Southern, Centre, Covenant, Emory, Hendrix, Huntingdon, Millsaps, Oglethorpe, Rhodes, Rust, University of the South.
West: [None].

OshDude

« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2013, 06:23:02 pm »
It also appears that the NAC/NEAC AQ crossover tourney is not in effect this season, according to postseason info on the NAC website. That along with the SAA formation moved many teams from Pool A conferences to conferences that are going through AQ waiting periods.

Offline Big Louie

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2013, 07:33:02 pm »
If it is 4 Pool B bids in 2013 and those are the only schools in consideration it really doesn't make too much sense. Cause I remember it being very similar last season and there were only 2 bids.

Offline oiler

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2013, 10:09:11 am »

Offline D3Vike11

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2013, 05:21:36 pm »
Confused on the new Top 25. Keystone goes 2-0 and drops from 12 to 16. UW-Whitewater goes 0-0 and moves up from 18 to 14?
"90% of the game is half mental." - Yogi Berra

OshDude

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2013, 07:47:46 pm »
Confused on the new Top 25. Keystone goes 2-0 and drops from 12 to 16. UW-Whitewater goes 0-0 and moves up from 18 to 14?
Presto originally had Dickinson sweeping Keystone in their doubleheader on Sunday (voting night). It has since been corrected, but I think that may have led to confusion on the voting end. It confused me. As for Whitewater, I think it's OK to find an order in the early going.

My ballot had plenty of movement and four new teams. My votes will run alongside tomorrow's ATN column. I'm open to criticism.

Offline Bishopleftiesdad

• All-Region
  • Battling Bishops
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2013, 01:28:18 pm »
Just read your article and it is informative as always. Thanks for doing this.

Offline CrashDavisD3

• All-American
  • If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score
    • View Profile
    • Crash Davis in Action
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2013, 10:12:52 pm »
Any news on the following questions for 2013 since the NCAA has gone stealth. Easier to get information from Seal Team Six.(Movies, Interviews, Books, Magazine Articles)

How many teams in 2013 for:

Pool A bids- How many and Which conferences are Pool A for 2013?

Pool B bids - How many and which teams

Pool C bids - How many and how does SOS work in 2013. What is the formula for Ranking...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:27:16 pm by CrashDavisD3 »
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

OshDude

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2013, 11:35:30 pm »
Any news on the following questions for 2013 since the NCAA has gone stealth. Easier to get information from Seal Team Six.(Movies, Interviews, Books, Magazine Articles)

How many teams in 2013 for:

Pool A bids- How many and Which conferences are Pool A for 2013? 38, same ones as last season.

Pool B bids - How many and which teams 4, listed above

Pool C bids - How many and how does SOS work in 2013. What is the formula for Ranking... 14 and same SOS as last season.
Those are the answers currently, as provided by the NCAA.

Offline Big Louie

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2013, 08:52:05 am »
Ricky,

What makes the Pool A bids stay the same but allows the Pool B's to increase to 4??

I guess in reality it doesn't really make too much of a difference since usually 4 Pool B's typically make it into the tourney whether they come from Pool B or Pool C. I just recall years where Ithaca and Chapman would make the tourney as Pool B's with very pedestrian tournament resumes since there were so few candidates. I personally would like to see Pool B eliminated completely. Why not just have 18 Pool C'S.

Offline CrashDavisD3

• All-American
  • If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score
    • View Profile
    • Crash Davis in Action
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2013, 12:16:13 pm »
Pool B/Pool C bids should be merged into AT LARGE BIDS...IMO  ;D
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

OshDude

« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2013, 12:30:01 pm »
Ricky,

What makes the Pool A bids stay the same but allows the Pool B's to increase to 4??

I guess in reality it doesn't really make too much of a difference since usually 4 Pool B's typically make it into the tourney whether they come from Pool B or Pool C. I just recall years where Ithaca and Chapman would make the tourney as Pool B's with very pedestrian tournament resumes since there were so few candidates. I personally would like to see Pool B eliminated completely. Why not just have 18 Pool C'S.
If they fall below seven full members, Pool A conferences have two years to get back to seven. We're in a transitional year where the SCAC lost several teams to the newly formed SAA but the SCAC keeps its Pool A. The SAA teams are Pool B/C while the association goes through its waiting period for Pool A status.

The NAC is a Pool B/C conference, according to the NCAA. The NAC had partnered with the NEAC for a Pool A in the past.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:33:11 pm by Ricky Nelson »

OshDude

« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2013, 04:21:03 pm »
Baptist Bible is not fielding a team this season but plans to restart the program in 2014.