Author Topic: MBB: Southern Athletic Association  (Read 35557 times)

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
Re: MBB: Southern Athletic Association
« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2019, 12:59:47 am »
Very rough first season...

I see Tyler Papadinis has taken the head coaching position at Rhodes College.  He's done a great job as associate head coach at MIT, and I think you're going to be very happy with him at the helm.  Very sharp and a great person all around.

What exactly did you expect? It was the first season.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline tarheelfan

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 02, 2019, 01:27:28 pm »
Much closer to .500.  They only graduated one contributor off the 2017-18 team that was 13-13, 7-7 in SAA play

I see Tyler Papadinis has taken the head coaching position at Rhodes College.  He's done a great job as associate head coach at MIT, and I think you're going to be very happy with him at the helm.  Very sharp and a great person all around.

Offline Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2019, 03:00:29 pm »
Much closer to .500.  They only graduated one contributor off the 2017-18 team that was 13-13, 7-7 in SAA play

They also completely, 100% changes styles.  Tough to re-learn everything on the fly.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Offline pbrooks3

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2019, 10:57:51 pm »
Didn’t get to follow it tonight but Centre got a huge road win @ Wabash tallying a late Jacob Bates basket for a 77-76 victory.  Though this was Wabash’s opening game, they came in ranked 14th in the preseason D3 poll.  Perry Ayers led the Centre effort with 19 points followed by Bates’ 15 and 14 from Dawson Crump.  The Colonels are now 2-1 having played a much tougher early season schedule in 2019 than in recent years.  No rest for the weary as Centre takes on in-state rival Transylvania next week in Lexington. 
🏀🏀🏀

Online CollegeGolf18

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: Yesterday at 04:17:27 pm »
Didn’t get to follow it tonight but Centre got a huge road win @ Wabash tallying a late Jacob Bates basket for a 77-76 victory.  Though this was Wabash’s opening game, they came in ranked 14th in the preseason D3 poll.  Perry Ayers led the Centre effort with 19 points followed by Bates’ 15 and 14 from Dawson Crump.  The Colonels are now 2-1 having played a much tougher early season schedule in 2019 than in recent years.  No rest for the weary as Centre takes on in-state rival Transylvania next week in Lexington.

I'll come over from the NCAC board and speak to the Centre vs. Wabash game.

I knew coming in that it would be a tough game and one that Wabash could easily lose. Centre is a solid team, however, Wabash played really badly besides a stretch of about 15 minutes in the second half. Centre really gritted it out and stuck together for the win. You could definitely tell that Centre had played two games already and Wabash had played none.

Wabash had 10 more turnovers than Centre and they were 9 of 13 at the line. Jack Davidson (set the NCAA record for most FT makes in a row with 95 last year) had a FT attempt with 15 seconds remaining to put it to a two possession game but missed the front end of a 1-and-1.

Centre made more winning plays than Wabash down the stretch and they came out with a great win.

I'll also say I have never seen more charge calls called in a basketball game in my life. There were 10 charges called amongst both teams.
Former Collegiate Golfer
Current Sports Nut