Author Topic: SNC Thread  (Read 13837 times)

Offline SNCPete

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
SNC Thread
« on: January 09, 2013, 11:34:30 am »
Congrats to Cullen Bradshaw on his NCHA POW honors, after his eight point weekend vs. St Marys and St Olaf:
http://www.nchahockey.org/sports/mice/2012-13/releases/jan8_bradshaw

Offline Matthew Webb

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: SNC Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 12:34:52 pm »
Congrats to Cullen Bradshaw on his NCHA POW honors, after his eight point weekend vs. St Marys and St Olaf:
http://www.nchahockey.org/sports/mice/2012-13/releases/jan8_bradshaw

When was the last time SNC was scoring at this rate at this point in the season?  04-05 maybe?
"It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere" - Voltaire

Offline SNCPete

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 12:52:02 pm »
Sounds about right..
Two pp lines contributing...tough to defend.
The Bradshaw, Keefer, Zepeda line was awesome this past weekend.
Hope they stay together...Speed and skill...can't beat it.
Stroh was paired with Perry and Cooper..

Offline Matthew Webb

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 01:32:37 am »
Sounds about right..

Really says something when you're looking at guys like Hoogenboom, Rial, Baptista, etc. down on the third and fourth lines.  Was last weekend the first time that Bradshaw, Keefer and Zepeda were together?  That's one heck of a dynamic line, and what I like about it is that it's a completely different style of line than the Stroh line, which has been equally prolific this year.  Must be a real joy to match up against.

Offline SNCPete

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 05:26:35 am »
Sounds about right..

Really says something when you're looking at guys like Hoogenboom, Rial, Baptista, etc. down on the third and fourth lines.  Was last weekend the first time that Bradshaw, Keefer and Zepeda were together?  That's one heck of a dynamic line, and what I like about it is that it's a completely different style of line than the Stroh line, which has been equally prolific this year.  Must be a real joy to match up against.
I believe last weekend was the first time for the Bradshaw/Keefer/Zepeda line and they clicked right from the start.
Good point about the style difference with the Stroh line, which is slightly slower, but more physical.  These guys are great on the boards with their size and long reach.
I said it from the first few early practices that Zepeda and Cooper are two of the better prospects that SNC has added in recent years.  Paying dividends already.

Offline TBB SNC

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 11:19:37 pm »
I have to say that I think that this may be the most complete team that SNC has ever fielded. Certainly the most talented forward group.

Offline Matthew Webb

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 01:46:43 am »
I have to say that I think that this may be the most complete team that SNC has ever fielded. Certainly the most talented forward group.

You think the forward group is better than the Deitsch-led team that was upset by St. Thomas in the NCAA QF's?  I still think that might have been the best SNC team I've seen.  I know some people will contend the 97-98 team (that also got upset in the NCAAs) might also qualify, but I don't know enough about that team to try to figure out its place.

Offline SNCPete

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 07:28:13 am »

You think the forward group is better than the Deitsch-led team that was upset by St. Thomas in the NCAA QF's?  I still think that might have been the best SNC team I've seen.  I know some people will contend the 97-98 team (that also got upset in the NCAAs) might also qualify, but I don't know enough about that team to try to figure out its place.
I agree with you Matt.   We talk from time to time about that game vs St Thomas, when the Tommie goalie stood on his head for the entire third period.
This season's team would rank right up there though, esp. on the PP.

Offline TBB SNC

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 10:09:24 am »

I agree with you Matt.   We talk from time to time about that game vs St Thomas, when the Tommie goalie stood on his head for the entire third period.
I agree that the Deitsch led team was very good and certainly was one of the best for SNC. I still think that this team top to bottom may be better. The success or failures in March will determine just how good this team is however. By the way, I still have nightmares regarding the 6 x 4 goalie that St. Thomas had back then. :'(

Offline SNCPete

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 10:28:30 am »

I agree that the Deitsch led team was very good and certainly was one of the best for SNC. I still think that this team top to bottom may be better. The success or failures in March will determine just how good this team is however. By the way, I still have nightmares regarding the 6 x 4 goalie that St. Thomas had back then. :'(
I remember one of the Rowdy Crowd guys called him "The Transformer".....apt description..
Another point about the Deitsch era...never won a Ntl title.    Laid foundation for future team success.
What do you think helped to contribute to SNC's recent success on the Ntl stage??

Offline SNCPete

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 10:53:01 am »
Looking back at the 04-05 SNC team, they put up some big numbers:
1 -- Went 24-3-3.  Did not lose a conference game all season.
2 -- Got 20 or more points from 10 players, led by Deitsch (47), Hughes (39), Carbery (36), Tew (32), Schultz, Forrester, Wosnack, Boisjoli, Derton and K. Peterson.  2 D-men in the group:  Tew and Derton.
Freshman by the name of Belanger chipped in with 17.
3 -- Primary goalie was another talented Freshman:  Kyle Jones.
Went 17 - 1  -1....only loss was final game vs St Thomas.
1.76 GAA,  .9226 saves %.
Impressive numbers for sure, but not quite good enough to get to the Final Four that season.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:12:22 pm by SNCPete »

Offline TBB SNC

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 06:33:31 pm »
Looking back at the 04-05 SNC team, they put up some big numbers:
1 -- Went 24-3-3.  Did not lose a conference game all season.
2 -- Got 20 or more points from 10 players, led by Deitsch (47), Hughes (39), Carbery (36), Tew (32), Schultz, Forrester, Wosnack, Boisjoli, Derton and K. Peterson.  2 D-men in the group:  Tew and Derton.
Freshman by the name of Belanger chipped in with 17.
3 -- Primary goalie was another talented Freshman:  Kyle Jones.
Went 17 - 1  -1....only loss was final game vs St Thomas.
1.76 GAA,  .9226 saves %.
Impressive numbers for sure, but not quite good enough to get to the Final Four that season.
It is a nice luxury to be able to discuss what SNC team has been/is the best. So many years of great teams under Tim. SNC hockey has been the best thing for Green Bay area hockey.

Offline sncsid

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 12:47:07 am »
SNC hockey has been the best thing for Green Bay area hockey.

Agreed, Toe. Got stopped by a young man about 13 or 14 tonight outside the women's game asking me what happened today in Superior and when SNC is home next. Lots of SNC influence in the area youth/high school programs.

Offline SNCPete

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 01:57:04 pm »
According to College Hockey Stats, goalie Tom Lescovich, is no longer on the active Stout roster.
I would guess that we see Nick Hopper in net this Fri/Sat at the CCC.

Offline Matthew Webb

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 12:54:32 am »
According to College Hockey Stats, goalie Tom Lescovich, is no longer on the active Stout roster.
I would guess that we see Nick Hopper in net this Fri/Sat at the CCC.

Likely a safe bet.