Author Topic: What deserving teams missed the tournament?  (Read 1341 times)

Offline joecct

• Second-stringer
  • NCAA Hockey in Maryland!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
What deserving teams missed the tournament?
« on: May 21, 2013, 07:41:39 pm »
Most D-III selection committees use the criteria to select teams to fit the field.  I would submit (as other do), that D-III hockey uses the criteria to exclude teams from the tournament.  There are only 3 at large spots to fill and a lot of deserving teams that can lay claim to one of those 3 slots.  Is it easier to exclude than to include????

So, in a totally symmetric world, we'd have a 16 team field.  Who would be those 8 teams and then seed the tournament according to the 500 mile rule.

Weekend 1 would be Friday/Saturday at the 4 national seeds (4 teams @ each site).  Weekend 2 would be the semis and finals.

Go for it -- and enjoy your summer.
Clarkson College of Technology '77 & '78
2014 NCAA Women's National Collegiate Hockey Champions

Your team was KAI'd last night.

Offline LifeOfTheParty

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
Re: What deserving teams missed the tournament?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 11:53:25 pm »
Well who would be in wouldn't be as tough as how to seed them.  9-16 was a tough order to pick, toughest choice was Plymouth getting in over Williams.  These are ranked in order based off of their records before playing any NCAA games.  I didn't really delve into the records too much so please keep the criticism to a minimum.  I know it's heavy on the east, but the west really beat themselves up this year

1)Norwich
2)Utica
3)UW-EC
4)Adrian
5)Oswego
6)Bowdoin
7)SNC
8)Hobart
9)Umass-Boston
10)Plattsburgh
11)Nuemenn
12)Babson