Author Topic: 2015 Bracketology  (Read 16532 times)

Offline LakerEagleLover

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Bracketology
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2015, 08:21:46 am »
My favorite development over the past couple of weeks was the shift from insisting that the NCAA picks teams based on travel concerns to insisting that the NCAA picks teams based on "the split."  Madison Avenue would kill to be able to pull off a rebranding that slick.

I've come to the conclusion that the majority of these theories are generated by manatees pulling "conspiracy balls" from a series of bins.

Bill Kangas + 8 + Ethernet + Canale's yields the conspiracy theory:

"Bill Kangas rigged the 8-3 split so Oswego had to go on the road and now WTOP is in a pickle because The Cooler has no ethernet ports all because he is pals with the owner of Canale's and didn't want to risk another bus incident."
. Nick Canale holds no grudges...the bus took it harder then the porch.  Oswego sold out their allotment in 7 minutes...expect the Laker invasion to arrive for lunch and shopping in Geneva, then buy up the remaining tix... WTOP trades Ethernet ports for Port St Lucie...college.
LakerEagleLover
following D3 Hockey 30 miles off the Cape Cod Mall

Offline magicman

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2015, 04:22:17 am »
This could alter the way the Men's playoffs turn out. This is a press release from the NCAA that was posted on the Plattsburgh's Press Republican website:

PLATTSBURGH ó The NCAA Division III Womenís Ice Hockey Committee announced in a press release Thursday that the highest-remaining seed in the Division III tournament will host the national semifinals and finals March 20 and 21.
As the No. 1 seed, Plattsburgh State will serve as host if it wins its quarterfinal game Saturday against St. Thomas.
If that happens, the Plattsburgh menís NCAA quarterfinal will be moved from Stafford Ice Arena to the home rink of the Cardinalsí opponent.

Here's a link to the complete article:

http://www.pressrepublican.com/sports/college_sports/men-s-women-s-hockey-tournaments-pose-scheduling-conflict-at/article_adfc29a0-7ede-5221-a860-5885f3a49c00.html

There's a very good chance, that now the winner of the Nichols/Trinity contest, will get to host that March 21st matchup against Plattsburgh State.

The Plattsburgh Men's team and Coach can't be too happy about that. When I knew that both teams made the NCAA's and they were both hosting, I wondered if there might be some conflicts. That's too bad for the men who now won't get a home game if the women win on Saturday. The locals in Plattsburgh won't be happy either.   

Offline spwood

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2015, 08:42:39 am »
Not happy with the NCAA.  Plattsburgh has had no problems in year's past hosting multiple events at the same time in that building.  They definitely have the locker room space.  My guess is that the NCAA was unwilling to move the men's game to Sunday.  Nothing else really makes sense.  Given that the next game wasn't until Friday, moving the game to Sunday shouldn't have been an issue either.  Guess it's another chance for the bloated, egotistical NCAA to puff out its chest and show everyone who's boss.

Offline magicman

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2015, 07:15:17 am »
Trinity beat Nichols 4-2 and because the Plattsburgh State women won their game over St. Thomas on Saturday afternoon, the Plattsburgh men, scheduled to host Trinity, will now have to travel to Hartford and play on the Bantams home ice. The players and fans at Trinity must be loving the Plattsburgh State women right about now.

Norwich defeats Plymouth State 3-2 to face off at Amherst in the quarters.

Oswego State advances with a 6-1 win over Hobart. The Lakers will take on Adrian in the quarterfinals.

UW-Stevens Point will host Hamline in the other quarterfinal.

Offline Matthew Webb

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2015, 02:51:38 am »
If I'm not mistaken, the "Langella Theorem" says that it's Adrian or Amherst that takes it all, no?
"It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere" - Voltaire

Offline PeterLangella

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2015, 11:20:36 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, the "Langella Theorem" says that it's Adrian or Amherst that takes it all, no?

Yes. I believe Oswego in '07 and Eau Claire in '13 are the only two teams in the last 15-20 years to win the National Championship without winning their league playoffs.

Offline amh63

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2015, 01:20:50 pm »
Seems that the Nescac has TWO teams in the Frozen Four!  Amherst Won their slot with an OT win over Norwich...last ranked no. 1, I believe?
Anyway..both teams off Wednesday....games on Friday....Go Jeffs!  Like to see a all CAC final...yes a little partisan here. :).

Offline amh63

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 09:46:45 am »
Congrats to Trinity College!  First national title!  Amherst lost to UWSP in the semis...6-2.  Was ahead after two periods but got buried in the third.  Amherst's Coach stated that UWSP was simply the better team.   
Good showing however for Eastern Hockey and the CAC.

Offline PeterLangella

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2015, 06:04:00 pm »

Yes. I believe Oswego in '07 and Eau Claire in '13 are the only two teams in the last 15-20 years to win the National Championship without winning their league playoffs.

And Trinity makes it three! Congrats to the Bantams. I played there my freshman year, and while the school and I didn't fit, I had a great hockey experience with John Dunham, Dave Cataruzolo, and Paul Davidson. Coach Davidson was a tremendous mentor for a young defenseman, and it made me very happy to see him smiling after the win the other night. A great example that you don't have to yell and scream to make an impact. Pure class act.