D3hockey.com > Women's hockey

2015 Bracketology

(1/11) > >>

spwood:
Matt,

Care to take a crack at this one too?  I'd be interested to read!

Matthew Webb:

--- Quote from: spwood on February 19, 2015, 12:14:56 pm ---Matt,

Care to take a crack at this one too?  I'd be interested to read!

--- End quote ---

I do, but...it'll be Ray doing it instead this year. As most know by now I had to step away from a role of official responsibility with the site this season (and likely next) and for the same reasons I had to do that I'm just not able to tackle the women as well this year. Simply a matter of available time.

I always liked doing the women's, though. Maybe more than the men. For one it was always easier to have our analysis match the actual outcome but at the same time there have been some deliciously close comparisons in recent years. Should be interesting to see what Ray kicks up this week.

Interesting scenario would be 5-3 E/W split with the West Region teams being Adrian, River Falls and Gustavus. By straight seed Gusties go to Elmira most likely but Adrian and Falls are >500 miles apart. I'd assume it'd then be Adrian v. someone in the East (it would have to be), but then which team considering Adrian isn't an obvious bottom seed like Concordia and St. Norbert were. That scenario presents some interesting theoreticals.

spwood:
Would the committee want to avoid flights bad enough to make Elmira play Adrian in the first round?

Matthew Webb:

--- Quote from: spwood on February 19, 2015, 01:08:16 pm ---Would the committee want to avoid flights bad enough to make Elmira play Adrian in the first round?

--- End quote ---

I chose Elmira thinking the West team would be a lower seed than any of the East teams, but come to think of it...Elmira v Adrian would yield a flight-free QF round. Hmph.

spwood:
Good first Bracketology.  Much cleaner than the men's analysis tends to be.  Can't wait for this afternoon's Plattsburgh / Middlebury game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version