D3hockey.com > Women's hockey

2015 Bracketology

<< < (2/11) > >>

Matthew Webb:

--- Quote from: spwood on February 21, 2015, 08:28:01 am ---Good first Bracketology.  Much cleaner than the men's analysis tends to be.  Can't wait for this afternoon's Plattsburgh / Middlebury game.
--- End quote ---

Yes, the women's has a way of always working itself out pretty nicely. I suspect that might not be the case were it an 11 team field with a B and three C's :)

The men's tends to be pretty simple at its heart, but we like to try to explain the why behind our decision since...based on discussions going on elsewhere...people seem to choose to just make things up and/or ignore simple realities of the process.

Anyway, who are you (objectively!) picking in this afternoon's game? Pretty big one as it's quite possible they're playing for a home NCAA QF.

Matthew Webb:
Oh, and the direct link: Women's Bracketology, Take 1

spwood:

--- Quote from: Matthew Webb on February 21, 2015, 12:43:13 pm ---
Anyway, who are you (objectively!) picking in this afternoon's game? Pretty big one as it's quite possible they're playing for a home NCAA QF.

--- End quote ---

This is a huge game for both teams.  They both need to be ahead of the other for possible Pool C considerations later (neither is a shoo-in to win their Pool A).  It just doesn't feel that Plattsburgh's goaltending is as good as prior years nor is their offense as good as prior years.  Middlebury's got the goaltending that wins championships.  My head tells me Middlebury in a 2-1, 3-2 game.  My heart (which is surprisingly not very objective) has Plattsburgh winning 3-1 (EN).

spwood:
Great win for the Cardinals.  I would think that should keep the Cardinals ahead of the Panthers up to the NCAA tournament.  4-3 was a higher scoring game than I expected.

Matthew Webb:

--- Quote from: spwood on February 21, 2015, 06:15:02 pm ---Great win for the Cardinals.  I would think that should keep the Cardinals ahead of the Panthers up to the NCAA tournament.  4-3 was a higher scoring game than I expected.

--- End quote ---

I suspect we will see Plattsburgh at 2W this week which should, barring some sort of calamity, up until selection Sunday. Should Midd win the NESCAC and Platty not win the ECACW...then...tough call.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version