Author Topic: Daniel Webster  (Read 11115 times)

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
Re: Daniel Webster
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 11:35:14 am »
I'm coming to this a few days late -- we expected for many years that the CCC would splinter out of the New England Football Conference and form its own football conference, but that ended up not happening. Instead, the MASCAC and LEC schools split out of the NEFC and formed a MASCAC football conference and the remaining NEFC is fairly CCC-centric.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Offline Matthew Webb

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 01:03:47 pm »
I'm coming to this a few days late -- we expected for many years that the CCC would splinter out of the New England Football Conference and form its own football conference, but that ended up not happening. Instead, the MASCAC and LEC schools split out of the NEFC and formed a MASCAC football conference and the remaining NEFC is fairly CCC-centric.

Interesting. In hockey's case the MASCAC already splintered off the ECACNE and the NE remains with eight teams. If a CCC hockey league were to happen five of the eight NE teams would leave to join Endicott (new program) and University of New England (ECAC East). Johnson & Wales, Becker and Suffolk are the three that would be, at least temporarily, homeless.
"It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere" - Voltaire

Offline hockeyfan87

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 01:29:44 pm »
If Johnson & Wales, Becker and Suffolk are homeless, Maybe DWC, Lebanon Valley, and NYU could form a conference.  That would be 6 to start with.

Offline hockeyfan87

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 10:57:09 am »
I see Stevenson is going ECAC-W in 2016-2017.

Offline Matthew Webb

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 01:31:39 pm »

Yup. And they might not be alone.

The WIAC's situation is going to get even worse come 2018-19...
"It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere" - Voltaire

Offline pillowhands

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 09:04:13 am »
Does anyone have an opinion as to why DWC is having issue getting a conference affiliation?

From what I heard they received a favorable vote but due to league bylaws did not have 2/3 rds of the vote so were not admitted to ECAC Northeast.  The east is not taking new members unless they finally decide to kick out saint a's and st. Mikes. 

Offline pillowhands

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 09:08:41 am »

Yup. And they might not be alone.

The WIAC's situation is going to get even worse come 2018-19

LVC will most likely be going into the west in 16-17 as well.

Offline wallstreet

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 09:32:27 am »
Some big things are going on at University of New England. I just read the school hired Jack MacDonald who was previously the AD at Quinnipiac (took that program from 0-100) and University of Denver before that. He has proven high level collegiate hockey experience. UNE just built a multimillion dollar facility and let go of the only coach their program has known, Brad Holt. Are they possibly looking to apply for the open spot in the Atlantic League? With the hiring of Jack MacDonald things could quickly move in that direction. The location is spot on and the school has an aggressive pro-hockey attitude. They are also adding football to their athletic program officially getting underway in either '16 or '17; interesting stuff. I always wondered why Norwich didn't try and make that move to AH but clearly, after all these years of dominating the East, they haven't the interest nor the budget. I've read St Anselm had the opportunity too but backed out for whatever reason. Maybe UNE is a fit in Atlantic Hockey and is willing to spend the money to elevate their program? Endicott could then slide into their vacated slot in ECAC (E). Then perhaps Daniel Webster would be accepted into ECAC (NE). Lots of ifs and hows but I guess whoever is ultimately hired as the new coach at UNE will be a big tell. Stay tuned!

jackson5

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 08:24:13 am »
Some of those schools Endicott, Western New England, Salve Regina) are in different conferences for hockey.  Will the be forced to join the CCC?  How would that affect the conferences they are in?

Many people expect the CCC schools to splinter off and start a CCC hockey league. Nothing hard on it on my end, but there's been an undercurrent of buzz about it over the past 12-18 months...especially since Endicott makes team #7 and an NCAA bid.

As to your second question...that's a good question. I imagine the ECAC would have to restructure itself in some capacity.
Remember when the MASCAC decided to form a formal ice hockey league, it took teams from the ECAC-E (Salem St.) and the ECAC-NE (everybody else) mixing MASCAC and LEC schools to get to the required 7 members for the AQ.  UNE then replaced Salem St to keep the 8 D-III teams in the conference.

A CCC formation would impact the ECAC-E (UNE) and the ECAC-NE.  Both conference cannot afford to lose members.

The orphans, after a CCC shakeout are, I believe JWU, Nichols, (and one other). 

It's going to be bloody with a lot of gnashing of teeth -- if it happens.

Nichols is apart of the CCC. I'm actually surprised that this hasn't happened yet. I'd imagine its coming down to what to do with UNE who just spent a ton on hockey and I dont think are looking to move down.

For DWC to CCC, the presidents are not a fan of associate members, and they are currently looking for a football school to add to the conference for all sports so they can break away from the NEFC, so I dont think DWC would get an invite or if they'd even accept it.

Offline Ghawkins

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2015, 11:21:59 am »
Does anyone have any news about DWC's conference affiliation?

Offline hockeyfan87

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2015, 09:38:18 am »
I started a thread on the same subject a while back.  It looks like another season of Independent.  I know the school is trying but they are getting resistance.

Offline Ghawkins

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2015, 01:26:28 pm »
Do you know what kind of schedule will DWC will play?

Offline hockeyfan87

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 01:52:04 pm »
We have at least 18 maybe 20 DIII games.  Most of them are on the road. 

Offline Ghawkins

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2015, 10:35:43 am »
I see Franklin Pierce and Saint Michaels D 2 teams are already scheduled.

Offline hockeyfan87

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2015, 03:05:23 pm »
We open with Manhattanville and Neumann is on the schedule.