Author Topic: Daniel Webster  (Read 10855 times)

Offline pillowhands

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Webster
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2015, 04:10:30 pm »
Last I heard is that DWC has at least 18 NCAA games and a couple of games with URI and Lebanon Valley.  The last I heard they were supposed to be applying to be in a conference this summer but have seen nothing that this has happened on any of the conference websites.  From what I was told at a junior showcase earlier in the summer is that the coach has done a terrific job of getting the program up and running in a short period of time with little to no support. It's amazing that they even have a schedule with 18 NCAA games on it in my opinion.  Hockeyfan87 seems to be close to the program maybe he can find out more information?  Hopefully it works out for them.   

Offline hockeyfan87

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2015, 02:28:58 pm »
The schedule is on the school website.  They have 21 NCAA games.

Offline Matthew Webb

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2015, 12:34:56 pm »
Note: I merged the two Daniel Webster threads into one. Seemed to make sense to have all the (good) discussion in one place.
~mw
"It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere" - Voltaire

Offline pillowhands

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2016, 08:18:59 am »
With everything going on, I hope all teams find a conference to play in.  Could DWC end up in the CCC?
Depends on if the conference bylaws allow affiliate members.

Right now DWC is a member of the New England Collegiate Conferece (NECC) along with Becker plus 8 other non hockey colleges.  They need a home pretty soon.

DWC will not end up in the CCC as they already said no to them as the ECAC Northeast!  As soon as St. Mikes drops out of the NEHC because their school for some reason will not jump into any old d3 conference and for some reason I heard they are worried about the skiing program but the bulk of their skiing schedule is against D3 opponents so that makes no sense but as soon as they are officially booted out of the NEHC then the NEHC will boot out Daniel Webster. 

Offline Matthew Webb

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 01:21:27 am »
DWC will not end up in the CCC as they already said no to them as the ECAC Northeast!  As soon as St. Mikes drops out of the NEHC because their school for some reason will not jump into any old d3 conference and for some reason I heard they are worried about the skiing program but the bulk of their skiing schedule is against D3 opponents so that makes no sense but as soon as they are officially booted out of the NEHC then the NEHC will boot out Daniel Webster.

I readily admit to not being an expert on this topic, but as a general principle it pains me to see leagues not do what they can to help out other schools willing to commit to such a small sport. Then again, considering the behind the scenes antics displayed by some in attempt to form what ultimately became the NEHC...sadly I'm not surprised.
"It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere" - Voltaire