Author Topic: FB: New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference  (Read 14117 times)

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
FB: New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference
« on: April 08, 2015, 12:07:40 pm »
The conference is joining the football ranks, starting in 2017, with four of their own core members and three borrowed from elsewhere. Should be interesting.

http://www.d3football.com/notables/2015/04/newmac-adds-football
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

lewdogg11

Re: FB: New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 01:09:17 pm »
Just what we need, another 'power' conference in the East. Good grief. I think it's safe to say that the AQ system is being taken advantage of and may need to be re-evaluated. Just think, we could see Framingham, Husson, and Endicott in the real playoffs while Hobart and Fisher battle it out in an ECAC game. Can't wait.

Offline Jonny Utah

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 01:19:15 pm »
Just what we need, another 'power' conference in the East. Good grief. I think it's safe to say that the AQ system is being taken advantage of and may need to be re-evaluated. Just think, we could see Framingham, Husson, and Endicott in the real playoffs while Hobart and Fisher battle it out in an ECAC game. Can't wait.

Yea but a current NE league also loses a pool a with this move

lewdogg11

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 01:43:30 pm »

I forgot to add MMA, DOH!

Offline Jonny Utah

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 01:51:37 pm »
Well I'll tell you one thing, the conference needs to find a new name.  The newmac has to be the most uncool name for a conference in the country.

lewdogg11

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 01:54:10 pm »
Well I'll tell you one thing, the conference needs to find a new name.  The newmac has to be the most uncool name for a conference in the country.

Sounds like a killer burger from Mickey D's. or maybe:

Offline rlk

• Starter
    • View Profile
    • rlk's (mostly) MIT Athletics gallery
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 12:49:04 pm »

Or more likely, there's some consolidation in the other conferences (NEFC, ECFC, Liberty League) and one of them gets dropped.  I could see, for example, Western New England, SUNY Maritime, and Gallaudet joining the Liberty League, while the 9 others consolidate into NEFC or ECFC.  Maybe one of those teams then joins NEWMAC, but it's not apparent to me which would be a good fit.  The NEWMAC football conference is already going to be quite different from NEWMAC in other sports.  That would keep the same number of pool A bids (losing one temporarily in 2017 and 2018 while NEWMAC waits out the 2 year period).
MIT Course VI-3 1987

We are, we are, we are, we are, we are the ENGINEERS!!

Offline Frank Rossi

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 02:20:36 pm »

Or more likely, there's some consolidation in the other conferences (NEFC, ECFC, Liberty League) and one of them gets dropped.  I could see, for example, Western New England, SUNY Maritime, and Gallaudet joining the Liberty League, while the 9 others consolidate into NEFC or ECFC.  Maybe one of those teams then joins NEWMAC, but it's not apparent to me which would be a good fit.  The NEWMAC football conference is already going to be quite different from NEWMAC in other sports.  That would keep the same number of pool A bids (losing one temporarily in 2017 and 2018 while NEWMAC waits out the 2 year period).

LL school presidents would never accept some of those permutations.

Offline D3MAFAN

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 05:04:32 pm »

LL school presidents would never accept some of those permutations.

Or combinations... ;D

Offline fulbakdad

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 12:16:08 pm »
Looks like Saint Anselms is looking to drop from D2 to D3 and this is their target landing spot.....

Offline Jonny Utah

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 02:56:14 pm »
Looks like Saint Anselms is looking to drop from D2 to D3 and this is their target landing spot.....

That is news to me.  I had heard many of those NE-10 schools look to go d1 because of hockey, but this is the first I've heard of St. Anselm's moving to d3. 

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 03:35:46 pm »
Yeah -- they issued a news release and listed NEWMAC schools as the ones they identify themselves as belonging with.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Offline fulbakdad

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 03:57:07 pm »
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150826/SPORTS22/150829507

I guess I should have posted the link with my post.  lol.

Offline D3MAFAN

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 03:58:54 pm »
Hobart and Union to the E 8 to make it a 10 team league and the rest of the LL to the NEFC?

Offline Jonny Utah

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 04:00:21 pm »
Hobart and Union to the E 8 to make it a 10 team league and the rest of the LL to the NEFC?

No, never going to happen.