General > What sport should we add boards for?

Men's Volleyball is growing fast at the D3 level...

(1/3) > >>

LM3:
...not to mention it being a great sport!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh:
It is growing... but it is also one of the smallest sports, participation wise, in Division III.

jknezek:
I expect Men's sports will continue to grow as schools struggle to get men on campus. I expect we'll continue to see football being added as it is a driver of alumni donations and a marquee sport that makes a big splash, but it's also a very expensive startup. Men's volleyball, like adding women's lacrosse, is a pretty simple rescheduling of practices in an already available facility for a lot of schools.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan):

--- Quote from: jknezek on August 30, 2017, 03:51:20 pm ---I expect Men's sports will continue to grow as schools struggle to get men on campus. I expect we'll continue to see football being added as it is a driver of alumni donations and a marquee sport that makes a big splash, but it's also a very expensive startup. Men's volleyball, like adding women's lacrosse, is a pretty simple rescheduling of practices in an already available facility for a lot of schools.

--- End quote ---

And, like Cross Country and Track, you can hire one full time coach to do both, if the budget demands it.

Caz Bombers:

--- Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on August 31, 2017, 08:08:29 am ---
--- Quote from: jknezek on August 30, 2017, 03:51:20 pm ---I expect Men's sports will continue to grow as schools struggle to get men on campus. I expect we'll continue to see football being added as it is a driver of alumni donations and a marquee sport that makes a big splash, but it's also a very expensive startup. Men's volleyball, like adding women's lacrosse, is a pretty simple rescheduling of practices in an already available facility for a lot of schools.

--- End quote ---

And, like Cross Country and Track, you can hire one full time coach to do both, if the budget demands it.

--- End quote ---

true, and for many schools saving money is the primary concern, but if the school wants to actually win at one or the other gender of volleyball, they will separate the jobs as all the top D3 programs do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version