Author Topic: Atlantic East Conference  (Read 13208 times)

Offline jmcozenlaw

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: Atlantic East Conference
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2019, 07:31:10 pm »
That is mainly the streaming partner ... like Stretch and even YouTube.

It won't change the broadcasts necessary, though if the schools take the Production Truck software, that will help to make a difference.

I think you've overestimating Wesley's available bandwidth in that gym.

I'm not expecting miracles. Just that I might be able to watch more games on my TV as opposed to my phone or desktop.

Someone told me that Wesley's gym made Eastern's and DeSales' look like the Palestra. I have to see Wesley's gym to believe THAT!! ;)

Offline Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2019, 10:26:07 pm »

It won't change the broadcasts necessary, though if the schools take the Production Truck software, that will help to make a difference.

I'm not expecting miracles. Just that I might be able to watch more games on my TV as opposed to my phone or desktop.

Someone told me that Wesley's gym made Eastern's and DeSales' look like the Palestra. I have to see Wesley's gym to believe THAT!! ;)

Eastern's gym is much nicer than Wesley's; I've never been to DeSales.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Offline jmcozenlaw

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2019, 08:41:47 am »

Eastern's gym is much nicer than Wesley's; I've never been to DeSales.

MUCH nicer than Wesley's? I think I'll pass on catching a game at the Wesley gym. Even Eastern's players (and an ex-coach, then ex-AD) affectionately call it the "Eagle Road Dump" :)

DeSales is bright and clean, but the "bleachers" go up about 5 rows and without a football and wrestling team (about 180 guys combined), they really have small, quieter crowds (ask Gordon what DelVal is like when 150 football players are barking at the refs and opposing players from about 15 feet away......................doesn't help with wins, but the entertainment value is off the charts). ;)

Manhattanville is another "interesting" gym, like a poor version of Eastern's.

Offline Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2019, 03:30:04 pm »
http://www.whetstone.wesley.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Wentworth-Gym-1.jpg

For a big game, the intimate atmosphere is cool, but it's an old, small gym.  You have to walk through the student center to get to it, as well.  An old gym they literally built a building around.  The locker rooms are also incredibly small.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Offline Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

• All-American
  • Broadcaster, Announcer, Analyst, and Fan!
    • View Profile
    • Hoopsville
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2019, 09:13:12 pm »

Production Truck isn't a bandwidth conversation. It's a quality of execution thing.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Offline mailsy

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2019, 10:22:28 pm »
I know that this is the basketball forum and not lacrosse, but I want to congratulate Cabrini's men's lacrosse on getting into the National Championship game here in Philly at Lincoln Financial Field next Sunday!

GO CAVS!!!
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Offline CCHoopster

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2019, 08:24:35 pm »
How will this league be this year? Any surprise teams??