Author Topic: 2018 Men's Bracketology  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Bartman

• All-Region
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Men's Bracketology
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 02:14:39 pm »
Looking forward to the next Bracketology. In your opinion if Hobart loses to Norwich, as assumed in this scenario as Norwich is the assumed Conference champ , won't that impact the final RR and wouldn't Hobart slip in the final east rankings? I am thinking they need to beat Norwich to get a home game ....which would leave Norwich out and another team gets in. I yield to your experience on this analysis. I just didn't want to assume if they lose, that Hobart would get a first round home game, although they should still get a road berth at this point.

Because of Adrian, it's likely that Hobart and the lowest SUNYAC team (Geneseo or Buffalo St) are going to play in the first round.  I suppose it's possible Geneseo, with a win and Hobart loss, could move ahead of the Statesmen.  In that scenario, Hobart would be playing at Geneseo (or possibly even at Oswego).
Thanks,this makes sense. Still hoping for a win in Vermont and breaking the home ice first round disappointments from the last 3 years.
"When I played college football ,I was slow, real slow, but when I caught them, it was glorious" Bartman
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers.”
― Max McGee Green Bay Packers Super Bowl I
“I never graduated college, but I was only there for two terms – Truman’s and Eisenhower’s” – Alex Karras

Offline NU56

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 10:59:19 am »
I think Hobart will be in win or lose at Norwich.  Altho, I'm on the other side of the fence and hope Norwich can solve Hobart tonight.  NU56

Offline gbpuckfan

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 09:31:44 pm »
Nichols wins... now what?

Does the SNC win make 4 pods of 3 more or less likely?
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15

Offline Bartman

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 09:48:59 pm »
Hobart plays complete game and beats Norwich 3-0, as Frank Oplinger was awesome in goal.....although only watched it on the internet, the facility for Norwich looks amazing..now that the Statesmen have made 4 consecutive NCAA tourney's, maybe we can put some coin together and get a facility as nice as Norwich's...congrats to Norwich for winning the regular season and for being the reigning D3 Champ. Looking forward to future  games in what should be a great rivalry . Hoping Hobart beats the 3 year jinx and finally wins an anticipated NCAA home game next week.
"When I played college football ,I was slow, real slow, but when I caught them, it was glorious" Bartman
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers.”
“I never graduated college, but I was only there for two terms – Truman’s and Eisenhower’s” – Alex Karras

Offline Bartman

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 10:00:03 pm »
So, I noticed that New England lost tonight, does that mean Hobart has a chance to move up to #2 in East and get a bye?

Offline spwood

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 11:10:37 pm »
So, I noticed that New England lost tonight, does that mean Hobart has a chance to move up to #2 in East and get a bye?

Possibly host Geneseo in the first round with the winner headed to Michigan to face Adrian in a QF?  Courtesy the NCAA travel rule?

Offline Bartman

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2018, 11:49:51 pm »
I thought that 500 mile rule was a dumb for a 12 team field....if that is what happens and UNE gets a much easier path after losing tournament , I may start to get a complex...in MBB we lost in the LL tournament and got bounced from the NCAA after a 21-5 season...but geography in MBB is easier because there are 64 teams, with 12 teams the rule has greater impact

Offline gbpuckfan

• All-Region
    • View Profile
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15

Offline Bartman

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2018, 08:54:42 pm »
Nice job on the final bracket forecast. Some close calls, but I think the COP for the final Pool C makes sense with Trinity edging out Oswego. Selfishly, I hope Hobart does get the 2E because going all the way to Adrian didn't look promising. Although if Hobart plays Nichols, they look really hot, and  another home opener loss would be depressing.  Overall, it is logical with all the criteria complexity , now let's see what the committee does.

Offline peteSNCFan

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 09:51:31 am »
Hobart plays complete game and beats Norwich 3-0, as Frank Oplinger was awesome in goal.....although only watched it on the internet, the facility for Norwich looks amazing..now that the Statesmen have made 4 consecutive NCAA tourney's, maybe we can put some coin together and get a facility as nice as Norwich's...congrats to Norwich for winning the regular season and for being the reigning D3 Champ. Looking forward to future  games in what should be a great rivalry . Hoping Hobart beats the 3 year jinx and finally wins an anticipated NCAA home game next week.
I have been to the Norwich arena twice....very nice on campus facility...