Author Topic: WBB: Capital Athletic Conference  (Read 300948 times)

Offline CNU85

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: WBB: Capital Athletic Conference
« Reply #1755 on: March 07, 2019, 02:31:00 pm »
Looking at some stats.....crazy....

A CNU Fr with 7 double doubles (Terwiliger)
Another Freshman about to break Chelsea Schweers Fr record for 3 pointers made (Foster)

but......another Fr is the one who wins Rookie of the Year award (Fan)

Wow - I predict at least one of these players wins All-American accolades before their career is over!

Offline ronk

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: March 09, 2019, 12:35:56 am »
 Very tough loss for CNU; Jess Daguilh finishes her career with a very good game; been watching her for 6 years; Natalie Terwilliger played like a future star - nice footwork in the lane and touch from 3-pt range.

Offline CNU85

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 09, 2019, 07:28:01 am »
Very tough loss indeed. My heart breaks for Zhara Tannor. When I saw her get fouled I smiled as I knew we had this in the bag. Thatís not a way you want to end your career. I hope she is able to remember all the positive aspects of her career. Her winning shots, steals, hustle. How she gave her all....and mostly....how the CNU fans loved watching her play!! We will miss her!! Congrats on a great career Zhara!!!! Iím glad you wore a Captains uniform! #captainforlife

Online gordonmann

• D3sports.com Guru
  • All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: March 09, 2019, 02:54:20 pm »
Reposted from the Landmark room:

Tannor handled herself very well in the press conference last night.

She was asked about the free throws and said something to the effect of, "They both felt good leaving my hand. I wasn't bothered by the student section. I wouldn't do anything differently the next time. My coach believed in me."

There were no tears, just a determined smile.

After the press conference, while I was working on the front page in the press box, I saw the CNU team waiting for the bus. Tannor was as energetic and upbeat as the rest of the team, smiling and enjoying her teammates' company. I don't know what she was really thinking or feeling and there will be a lot of time for her to process that. But in the immediate aftermath she seemed to be handling it very well.

Offline CNU85

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: March 09, 2019, 03:41:28 pm »
Thatís good to hear!! I believe she is headed off to medical school, so perhaps she is keeping things in perspective. Thanks for the update. Makes me feel better!

Offline ronk

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: March 10, 2019, 02:04:34 pm »
   S/O to Jess Deguilh for her CNU career; we go back at least 5 years to her AAU days with the Potomac Vogues. Wanted to speak with her after Friday's game but finally figured out she was in the postgame press conference. Best wishes to Jess for her postgrad plans.
   Spoke with Jess Foster and Natalie Terwilliger and her parents while waiting; as frosh, they seemed to bounce back quickly, knowing they have 3 more years.

Offline Swish3

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: March 11, 2019, 09:16:10 am »
That was a great season for the Lady Captains...they have much to be proud of...the future looks bright in NN!

GO LADY CAPS!

Offline CNU85

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 27, 2019, 10:34:56 am »
Last week CNU shot 2-30 from 3. Last night they shot 16-32. Perhaps there was some practice going on???