Author Topic: 2018 D-III World Series  (Read 7716 times)

Offline Purple Heys

• All-American
  • Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear...
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 D-III World Series
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2018, 04:08:07 pm »
With the West Region winning the last 3, and 4 of the last 6...can we finally retire that annual screed of West Region teams not having the pitching alignment to handle the game volume in reduced time frames?
You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

Offline TexasBB

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2018, 03:13:07 pm »
The difference this year was that UTT had a very durable starting group. They may not have been as dominant as TLU but were effective. They got a lot of innings out of their top 3 starters at both the regional and World Series. That turned out to be the difference as TLU top 2 starters were not as durable and they were forced into their bullpen more. UTT top 2 starters threw complete games and then came back on 3 days rest and pitched deep into those games. TLU was not that fortunate.

Offline Ralph Turner

• Hall of Fame
  • All-American
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2018, 08:51:56 pm »
The difference this year was that UTT had a very durable starting group. They may not have been as dominant as TLU but were effective. They got a lot of innings out of their top 3 starters at both the regional and World Series. That turned out to be the difference as TLU top 2 starters were not as durable and they were forced into their bullpen more. UTT top 2 starters threw complete games and then came back on 3 days rest and pitched deep into those games. TLU was not that fortunate.
... which is how Cal Lu did it last year.  I will let the Trinity fans comment on 2016.