Author Topic: USC NCAA Division III Women - National - 2018 Preseason Ranking  (Read 878 times)

Offline PlaySimple

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
Re: USC NCAA Division III Women - National - 2018 Preseason Ranking
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 12:51:28 pm »
The markup I used for the above link isn't working and the board software that this forum uses is weak.

Here is the link: http://unitedsoccercoaches.org/web/Rankings/College_Rankings/NCAA_DIII_WOMEN/web/rankings/ncaa/diii_women.aspx

Offline CarpIsNotAFish

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 02:30:00 pm »
Williams had some significant grad losses. The National player of the year (center back) and about a dozen goals in a pair of Mid/forwards. But they return their leading scorer and about 40 goals in total.

Chicago lost the most in midfield/playmaker. More the 60 goals return from last year and only one significant loss on a really stingy defense.

TCNJ lost nearly 50% of its offense to graduation. Their defense remains relatively unchanged. But 40 goals is a lot to replace.

Hardin Simmons returns an individual nearly-40 goal scorer and nearly 80% of a high scoring offense. But they took a major hit in the back losing 3 defenders and a defensive mid that only gave up 8 goals on the year and played in nearly every game.

Messiah has a very balanced and minimal grad loss. They lose two defenders who played in every game, and less than 10% of their scoring. With a strong program in place for years now, Iím certain they got a bevy of undergrads ready to plug those minor holes.

Hopkins is second only to Messiah (whom they played to a draw last year early) in suffering the fewest losses of the top 6. They return their leading scorer as a 5th year bonus and their #2 scorer was only a freshman last season. In all they get back 90% of their scoring and lose two defenders.

Look for 4, 5, & 6 to make a run at 1,2,3.

Offline 2xfaux

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 03:33:09 pm »
Bueller, Bueller, Williams, Wash U. Bueller Anyone?

Seems like there are some good games and interesting results.  I would be interested to hear any ones thoughts.

Offline CarpIsNotAFish

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
Thanks 2xfaux.  I thought my last post killed this board.   ???

Offline Saints83

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
How about the decline of the Thomas More program since Cummings left. They may win 2 games this year compared to all those sweet 16 visits just a few years ago. Very sad!