D3baseball.com > National topics

2019 D-III World Series

(1/7) > >>

Jack Parkman:
Thought I would start this thread a few days ahead of the WS.  Can someone fill me in on whether they rank the teams 1-8 in the WS, and if so, why is it not published?  I looked at the D-II bracket and they have the seeds by the school name, but not on the D-III bracket.  If I am reading it the same, the D-III seeds would be as follows:

1. Webster
2. Birmingham Southern
3. Babson
4. Chapman
5. W&J
6. Johns Hopkins
7. Heidelberg
8. Mass. Boston

Again, I am just curious if that is how they are seeded and if so, how do they determine those seeds?

I'm looking forward to seeing how a few things play out in the WS.  Will Hopkins show the same kind of power away from home? Will Chapman make it through with 3 starters? Can W&J (who is on a roll) get back to the Championship Series and erase what happened a few years back?  How will the crowds be in Cedar Rapids?

Jim Dixon:
The information is in the handbook but they do look seeded but in this order:

1. Chapman
2. Babson
3. Birmingham Southern
4. Webster
5. Mass. Boston
6. Heidelberg
7. Johns Hopkins
8.  W& J

I personally would switch Babson and BSC, and Heidelberg with Mass-Boston.  This would be:

1. W1
2. S1
3. NE2
4. C2
5. ME2
6. NE3
7. MA3
8. ME7

Jack Parkman:

--- Quote from: Jim Dixon on May 29, 2019, 08:28:53 am ---The information is in the handbook but they do look seeded but in this order:

1. Chapman
2. Babson
3. Birmingham Southern
4. Webster
5. Mass. Boston
6. Heidelberg
7. Johns Hopkins
8.  W& J

I personally would switch Babson and BSC, and Heidelberg with Mass-Boston.  This would be:

1. W1
2. S1
3. NE2
4. C2
5. ME2
6. NE3
7. MA3
8. ME7

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Jim.  I figured what I was guessing was wrong but hadn't read the handbook.

Jim Dixon:
I did not read the handbook (traveling so internet was unfavorable) either  ;D.  Guessing too but the committee must have seeded otherwise (like in the ) past, otherwise the handbook would have the set schedule but we no longer have a NY champion, etc with the super regional format.

Ralph Turner:
Chapman has "baseball for breakfast". The 11 AM CDT/9 AM PDT start did not bother them.

Chapman 6 W&J 3.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version